Black currant Volodinka
Black currant Volodinka is a variety with an average warming period. She was displayed at the scientific selection station. Crossing between the Dove and the foreign hybrid was carried out. The authors of the Volodinka currant variety are E. Volodina and N. Khabarova. This variety was officially registered on the market and included in the State Register of the Western Region.
Volodinka currant: variety description and characteristics
Volodinka currant reaches medium size, the bush is slightly wide and spreading. Average density, growing shoot is large, green, not pubescent. A lignified shoot of medium size, straight, even, without bends, gray-brown in color with a burgundy-gray top.
The buds are large in size, conical, and have a very elongated tip. By color, the buds are beige-pink with a slight purple tint. The upper kidney is completely covered with villi, and is also not located alone, but in a group with other kidneys.
The leaves of the Volodinka variety of currants with five lobes have a rich color, a small oily bloom is located on the surface of the leaf. The upper part is turquoise in color, and the lower one is dark green, so the color of the foliage is gradient. The leaf plate is smooth, slightly wrinkled, along the edges there are a huge number of veins, and the middle vein is also strongly distinguished, along which the leaf is slightly bent inward.
The central lobe is small in size, it is triangular in shape with a sharp end. The lateral lobe is long, oval in shape, with a sharp end and serration along the edge. The basal lobe is distinctly expressed, it is rounded with small folds, which are located closer to the petioles. The teeth are located along the entire edge of the leaf, they are slightly blunt. The leaf petioles are medium-sized, fluffy, light green in color.
The flowers of the black currant Volodinka are very small, shaped like a cup, pink in color. The sepal is triangular, very narrow, elongated. The sepals are pale crimson in color. The petals fit tightly to each other, forming a small bud.
The clusters of berries are quite long, about 6 centimeters in length, each cluster contains 10 berries, they are unevenly located. Most of the fruit is in the center of the cluster.
Features of berries
Berries of the currant variety Volodinka medium
its size, about 1 gram by weight. The color of the fruits is black-blue, with a slight silvery bloom. It belongs to the group of natural wax that protects various fruits from mechanical damage. The separation is dry, inside the pulp there is a large number of gray-white seeds. The cups are small, drooping, the petioles are strong, well attached to the base of the brush.
The taste of Volodinka currants is quite sour, the berries have a pronounced pleasant aroma. Tasters rate the taste at 7.8 points. The variety is versatile, so the berries can not only be processed into blanks, but also consumed fresh or frozen. The chemical composition of the fruit contains natural sugars 6%, titratable acids 3%, vitamin C 6%, pectin 2%.
Volodinka currant: advantages and disadvantages
- Pleasant appearance of the fruit, which remains until the end of the collection and during storage.
- Resistance to frost and frost. The bush perfectly tolerates the first autumn frosts, as well as rather low temperatures in winter, up to -30 degrees. A feature of the variety is that it does not stop development and functioning in case of sudden changes in the environment.
- Black currant harvest Volodinka ripens in a short time.
- The bush is partially self-pollinated, up to 60%. If you want to increase the amount of the crop to 100%, it is necessary to plant a pollinator neighbor. It can be any other variety with the same flowering period.
- A high level of yield, one bush, on average, yields about 4 kilograms of berries. With additional feeding and proper care, the yield grows to 4.6 kilograms.
- The currant variety Volodinka rarely gets sick and becomes infected with powdery mildew and various types of spotting.
- Increased immunity, especially against fungal diseases.
- Average berry size.
- The taste of Volodinka black currants is more sour, but they leave a sweet aftertaste.