Fern Kochedyzhnik is an unpretentious plant used to decorate garden plots. Fern is subdivided into many varieties and each of them has its own pros and cons, both in care and in the process of growing and caring. There is one positive quality in Kochedyzhnik, he incredibly quickly gains green mass, and he also feels great when landing on the shady and northern side of the site.
Fern Kochedyzhnik: description of the variety
Fern Kochedzhnik: photo
Fern Kochedzhnik is one of four thousand members of the Aspleniaceae family. This plant is not one planting season, it is perennial. This species is not picky about care, it grows well in the shady zone, subject to good moisture. Kochedyzhnik culture is very popular, landscape designers and horticulturists always emphasize its attractive foliage, ease of growing and rich range of applications. If you did not have experience in growing this fern, then before purchasing it, you should spend a few hours studying the characteristics, photographs and choosing the variety that is right for you.
The root system of Kochedyzhnik is always closer to the soil surface and is branched in structure. The roots can be either straight or creeping in a characteristic black color. The stem is low, dense in structure, with dense foliage around the perimeter.
The leaves have an oblong triangular shape, pointed towards the end of the plate, with a pinnate structure. The leaf plate is connected to the trunk by means of a petiole, which in turn is covered with a thin skin. The dimensions of the sheet are quite large and can be up to 0.5 meters in length. Fern reproduction begins in autumn, spores form and mature on the green mass.
Leaves begin their formation and development in early spring, and they are the hallmark of the plant. Their color can vary according to the fern variety, from ash to emerald, from burgundy to blue-gray.
Fern Kochedyzhnik is ideal for growing in park city areas, as it easily tolerates gas-polluted air, has good frost resistance and grows remarkably in moist soil.
Another plus of Kochedyzhnik, its life cycle duration, the fern can decorate your site for up to fifteen years.
Varieties of varieties
In nature, around the globe, there are about two hundred species of Kachedyzhnik. On the territory of the Russian Federation, you will not find such a rich variety; about fifteen varieties are grown here. Let's take a look at the most popular ones:
- Fern Kochedyzhnik Female can be safely called the most popular, it is found in gardens and vegetable gardens, parks and in decoration in cemeteries, in urban landscape design and even when decorating terraces. The species got its name thanks to the amazing lacy foliage. The native land of the species is North America, the species is widespread in its natural environment in central Europe. Fern Kochedzhnik Female reaches a height of 120 cm. Young leaves that begin to grow in the first months of spring have a pastel-olive color, the plate is up to one meter long, and the shape of an elongated circle is feathery. Leaves are densely planted on the stem. The roots of this variety are widely used in traditional medicine. And due to the unusual shape of the leaf of the fern, the female fern of the described variety is widely used in the landscape of parks and household plots.
- "Nippon" of this handsome man is most of all loved in Asian countries such as China, Korea or Vietnam. Fern "Nipponsky" takes the leading position in terms of visual beauty, its rich and attractive foliage has put forward the variety in the top three. The leaf is smoky-ashy with burgundy-purple streaks, or, as some gardeners say, with stains. Kochedyzhnik "Nipponsky" is grown in the partial shade zone in the soil with moderate moisture. It earned its popularity on the territory of the Russian Federation not only due to its beauty, but also for its high indicators of frost resistance.
- "Gorodchaty", perennial fern of medium size up to 0.5 meters. This variety is more picky about growing conditions in comparison with the first two. He prefers moist or swampy soil, in shady space. The root system is elongated-cord-like, the leaves formed on the rhizome can be both in a single and in a group arrangement. The leaves are of a faded emerald color, the plate is retracted pinnately dissected. It reproduces in two ways by the usual "spores" for the fern, as well as by dividing the bush. When choosing this variety for your plantings, you should carefully consider the choice of a planting site.
- Gorodchato - serrated is a resident of Primorye and the eastern part of Russia. In its natural environment, it grows in places of high moisture, on the banks near water bodies. The dimensions of an adult plant are average and reach one meter in height. The leaves have a delicate marsh color, the size of the plate reaches seventy centimeters from edge to edge. The crenate-serrate variety is frost-hardy and develops well in areas sheltered in the shade created by tall trees. Choosing the sunny side of the site for planting this variety, you risk reducing the growth rate and losing the distinctive openwork of the sheets.
- "Needle" low variety of fern Kochedyzhnik, an adult shrub no more than half a meter in height. Choosing this variety for your garden, it is important to take into account the growth rate of this culture. Olive leaves with characteristic diamond-shaped openwork edges.
- And the last in the list of popular one hundred and twenty centimeter Chinese fern. It independently spreads over the territory due to self-seeding. Bordeaux-red leaf plates, collected on the trunk in a bunch. The leaf is attached to the base of small reddish cuttings. Like all the varieties described above, it has excellent cold resistance indicators. Chinese fern is used to decorate bouquets, flower beds and flowers; it is often added to complete compositions.
Kochedyzhnik Nippon fern: varieties
The Nippon kochedzhnik is most often used by gardeners for landscaping in their summer cottages. It attracts with its unusual foliage with copper tints and burgundy tones on the stem.
Let's get acquainted with the most popular representatives:
- Pictum. Highly decorative representative of the Nippon, with bright and showy foliage. The plate is colored in a pleasant deep green color with pink or light gray veins. The species prefers shady areas that are exposed to light. The land is well loosened, with high rates of fertility, sufficiently moist with a level of acidity above average. Piktum is perfect for replanting with other plants as a neighbor, cereals and shrubs are best suited for this.
- Ursulas Red is a decorative kochedzhnik that looks great on both middle-class and wealthier plots. Ursulas Red fern is beautiful in any period of its vegetative period, in spring fresh shoots of pastel green color with a raspberry tint at the very center and lemon-metallic edges are formed on it. With the development process, the leaf changes color to white with pearlescent tints, and the core becomes burgundy - marsh - purple.It is thanks to such unusual qualities in terms of color and the long preservation of a bright appearance that Ursulas Red is loved by landscape designers.
- Burgundy Lace. Fern of large size, as well as described above, refers to decorative. The foliage is gaining the beauty of color from spring, initially the plates are dark red, gradually brightens and eventually acquires a silvery color, the vegetative period of this fern ends, when the leaves become swampy, retaining the central vein of rich red. Burgundy Lace belongs to long-lived ferns, without transplanting to new places, it can delight you with its beauty up to fifteen years. The plant develops well both in the shade and in partial shade, but in the second variant the color saturation will be higher.
- Ear cochinium Red Beauty. The fern is small in size, grows up to half a meter in height. Its main distinguishing feature for gardeners and amateurs is the decorative color of the leaves. At the beginning of the vegetative period, it is pink-lilac, in the process of development it acquires a lilac-gray color, and by the beginning of autumn the leaf plates become silvery in color with a striking saturated purple stem. Kochedzhnik Red Beauty has good resistance to temperature drop and is not picky in terms of care. Grows well on the sunny and shady side of the site. But for the best color of foliage, choose a well-lit area, and it will decorate your landscape compositions from early spring until the onset of cold weather.
Nippon fern Kochedzhnik: photos
- Female Kocherizhnik. Kochedzhnik female variety, which reaches one meter in height, is unpretentious in care. The root system of this variety is quite powerful, with the onset of spring it gives young shoots of a light green color of an unusual shape. In the process of growth and disclosure of the leaf plate, they become large in size with openwork edges and leaves of a complex structure. The female kochedzhnik is incredibly popular with gardeners and florists. It is used in single compositions and group compositions, in flower bed decoration and as adjacent plants of ornamental bushes.
The most popular varieties:
- Lady-in-Red is the leader in terms of plant height, it can reach one hundred and twenty centimeters in height. Mint-green leaf plates are collected in a dense bunch, leaf shape 2 and 3 are pinnate with dissected feathers. It is this feature of the form that creates the openwork of the fern. Lady-in-Red is a forest representative, for this reason it grows best in light, well-moistened soil.
- Victoria is the variety most often used in the design of private plots because of its small stature, it looks great. Volumetric pastel - olive leaves, feathery, are connected to the stem of bright - yellow or raspberry petioles. The leaf plates grow in different directions and form even chains on both sides of the base of the leaf. Victoria is grown in the shade in moist soil.
- The Chinese cochiner is most often found in the forests of the Far East. The height of the plant at its peak in the current season varies from 70 to one hundred centimeters. The structure of the leaf plate is the same as that of the Victoria variety, the color is light green, the petioles of the attachment to the stem are red.
The Chinese fern kochedzhnik, or as it is also called the red-petiolate fern, is not picky about the quality of the soil, it feels great in the forest space and at home in the garden plot. The fern is a long-liver, growing up to 15 years. It does not accept excess water and excessive drought, too, it is frost-resistant and, like most of its species, feels comfortable in the shade.
Fern Kochedzhnik in landscape design
All varieties of Kochedyzhnik are used in landscape design, foliage like lace creates an amazing atmosphere of a fairy tale in the garden.They decorate spaces near water bodies, fill the area around the perimeter of tall trees and ornamental shrubs, any shady areas are ideal for planting a Kochedyzhnik. In addition, a combination of different varieties of this fern can be distinguished separately.
Fern Kochedyzhnik is a wand - a lifesaver for a florist. Planting and caring for the Kocheryzhnik fern does not require much effort, since it is unpretentious, it feels great in small summer cottages. Its bright and non-standard foliage looks great against the background of perennials of the same saturated colors, in a single or group planting.