The Uspenskoe apple tree was developed thanks to the selection specialist and academician of the Russian Academy of Sciences Nikolai Ivanovich Savelyev. This variety of apples was obtained on the basis of VNIIG and the Michurin SPR by combining such apple varieties as "prima" and "Michurinskaya bessemyanka».
Apple-tree Uspenkoe: variety description
- The Uspenskoe apple tree grows of medium size and is classified as a low-growing herbaceous one. The crown density is estimated as average, has a downward slope, branches branch off at an angle, approximately ninety degrees.
- The branches are of medium size, grow straight, the color is brown and brown at the same time, there are few villi. The foliage is elongated, the upper part is helical.
- In the process of flowering, the flowers are quite large in size, with a small cup and a delicate light pinkish color.
- Fruits are formed of large size, sometimes the weight of one fruit reaches two hundred and fifty grams. Most often, the mass of one fruit reaches one hundred eighty - two hundred grams.
- Gardeners noted that the fruits have the same shape and size. The fruits are rounded oval in shape. The main color is greenish and yellow at the same time, the integumentary color occupies almost the entire fruit with an indistinct reddish tint. The skin does not have any irregularities, it is glossy, there is no wax bloom.
- There is a small amount of rust, but most often it is completely absent.
Advice! To avoid harvesting fallen fruits, it is recommended to remove unripe apples.
Apple-tree Uspenskoe: advantages and disadvantages
Uspensky apples: variety photo
The merits Uspenskoe apple trees are:
- high level of resistance to certain diseases.
- high level of resistance to cold and frost.
- stunning appearance.
- good consumer qualities.
- a large amount of vitamins and minerals.
Disadvantages Uspenkoe apple trees are:
- short storage time of fruits.
- overripe fruits quickly crumble.
Dimensions of the Uspenskoe apple tree at the age
Reviews of summer residents and a description of the dimensions of the apple tree sometimes do not coincide. In the description of the herbaceous, it is said about the average size, but a couple of summer residents claim that the tree is small. Most often, the dimensions of an apple tree at the age of no more than three hundred and fifty centimeters.
One of the advantages of this variety of apples is the regular harvesting process, which bears a large number of fruits. With abundant cultivation, the yield varies about two hundred and twenty-five centners from each hectare. In amateur gardens, an apple tree can bear up to forty kilograms of fruit.
The opinion of the tasters
The fine-grained pulp is quite tender and full of juice. The apples are not sugary to taste, the usual apple taste, sweet with a slight sourness. The tasters rated the palatability of the fruit at four points and two to six tenths on a five-point scale.
The harvest contains many vitamins and minerals.
Apple-tree Uspenskoe: frost resistance
The level of frost resistance of the Uspenskoe apple tree is very high. The apple tree can withstand short cold days. Fruit trees practically do not suffer from the most common diseases.
Apple-tree Uspenskoe: reviews
“We have been cultivating the Uspenskoe apple tree in Tambov for about ten years. I can honestly write that there were almost no difficulties with him. Even in the rainy season, the scab bypassed our trees.Sometimes, however, the tree is attacked by various parasites, but prevention can help in any situation. Thanks to the excellent appearance and taste of the fruits, my family and I put up most of it for sale. "
“The Uspenskoe apple variety has been growing in my dacha for exactly eight years. The first fruits were harvested in the fourth year after planting at the site. I fell in love with this selection work, thanks to my taste. Of the minuses, I can note the shedding of overripe fruits, without it everything would be fine. I can't mention anything else bad. "
“I bought the Uspenskoe apple variety five years ago. Until now, he has not been ill with anything, and no one has attacked him. Cultivated and developed. The frosts did not harm, although in January the temperature reached minus thirty-five degrees. True, I purchased compost and used it to cover the tree. "
Distinctive features of planting and agricultural technology
Almost all varieties of apples have the same agricultural technique. Agricultural technology may differ from climatic conditions and the region of planting.
Apple-tree Uspenskoe: planting and care
Apple-tree Uspenskoe: photo of the variety
The optimal times for planting or transplanting the Uspenskoe apple tree are the times during which the herbaceous ones are at rest:
- the beginning of the spring season, before the opening of the buds and the active movement of the juice.
- the end of the autumn season, after leaf fall.
For a certain region, the disembarkation time differs:
- for warmer regions, it is possible to plant in the spring or autumn seasons.
- for colder regions, the optimal time will be the spring season, the root system of the planting material will master and take root in the ground before the onset of the winter season.
Although some summer residents cultivate excellently in the autumn season, with the implementation of correct agricultural techniques and carrying out pre-winter preparation.
The Uspenskoe apple tree prefers places with the necessary amount of sunlight, without the presence of drafts and cold winds, but with rich loose soil. It feels especially good on loamy or sandy loam soils that allow air to pass through well. The heavy and oxygen-tight soil is covered with a drainage layer of peat, perlite, sand and the like. This apple variety prefers lighted areas.
Note! It is important to know where the groundwater is located. They should be located at least two hundred centimeters from the ground surface and be sufficiently mobile. This variety does not like the stagnation of fluid in the root system.
Planting of planting material is carried out at the optimal time and in pre-prepared planting holes with dimensions not less than seventy centimeters deep and eighty centimeters wide. Distinctive features of the variety require a certain space between the planting holes. The space between the apple trees should not be less than three hundred centimeters, and between the rows not less than five hundred centimeters.
Reacts well during the entire development and growth to additional organic and mineral fertilizing:
- complex mineral fertilizing.
This will contribute to full development and a stable harvesting process.
This selection work does not need special agricultural technology. A good level of resistance to cold and frost does not require additional protection in the winter season. A satisfactory level of resistance to known diseases also does not force additional treatments, apart from prophylaxis against parasites.
Pruning and shaping the crown
Distinctive features of the Uspenskoe apple tree, namely the structure of the crown, needs pruning, performed every year:
- the first shaping of the crown is carried out in the first twelve months immediately after planting the planting material in the garden.If the planting material is one year old, and it is unbranched, then annual branches are pruned.
- in two-year-old seedlings, the branches on the outer buds are reduced. Because this variety has a rather spreading crown, then summer residents with experience are advised to form the formation with the help of stretching and bending.
Further, older apple trees are exposed to the rejuvenation of the branches and sometimes the thinning of branching. The branches growing in the center of the crown, growing at a corner, approximately forty-five degrees or more, are also removed.
It is necessary to carry out sanitary pruning throughout the season, removing dried, infected or crooked branches.
Note! It is worth remembering about the sanitary cleaning of the standard bark, which is often subjected to various types of damage.
- The selection variety is self-fertile, which means it requires cross-pollination, which will contribute to a larger yield.
- Almost all fruit trees located nearby can serve as wonderful pollinators.
Distinctive features of ripening and harvesting process
In this variety of apples, the tying of the crop takes place with spears, simple ringlets and fruit branches.
- The beginning of the harvesting process
- The fruit tree has a characteristic good early maturity. The first fruits can be harvested when they reach the age of five.
Ripening of the crop
The fruit tree has a harvest of autumn ripening time. Removable ripeness, the region of cultivation affects the time, comes at the beginning of the first - second autumn month.
Note! The main disadvantage is the falling off of overripe fruits, which means it is worth picking apples that are not yet fully ripe.
It is possible to contain the fruits for a short time. When the necessary conditions are recreated, the maximum holding time lasts about sixty days. Under normal conditions, the fruits are kept for about one month.
Cultivation in the regions
Volga region and Moscow region
The Uspenskoe apple tree is intended for cultivation in certain regions since 2004. Feels great in the Central Black Earth region, the Volga region and the Urals.
The Uspenskoe apple tree grows well in the Central Black Earth region of our country, the Volga region and the Urals.
Having levels of cold resistance higher than that of the Antonovka variety, it feels great in these regions, including the Moscow region. Even at a temperature of minus thirty to forty degrees, no particular harm was noticed.
Uspensky apples: variety photo
- After seeing the photos and reading the characteristics on the Internet, it is possible to say with confidence that the Uspenskoe apple tree is quite promising for summer residents without experience.
- The non-profitability and ease of agricultural technology make the Uspenskoe apple variety in demand.
- Ordinary consumers love this apple variety for its delicious fruits with a slight sourness.
- It doesn't matter if you are a gardener or a consumer, you will definitely like the Uspenskoe apple tree