Apple-tree Souvenir of Altai
In this article, we will consider the Altai Souvenir apple tree.
The newest varieties are created so that the fruit tree can be cultivated not only in favorable conditions, but also in insufficiently good ones.
The main parameters that breeders strive for in breeding the latest varieties, namely:
- dimensions and taste of the crop.
- long fruit keeping time.
- high level of resistance to cold and frost.
- high level of resistance to various diseases.
- form the necessary shape of the apple tree, for example, dwarf or columnar.
Everyone can simply choose the right variety for their cultivation conditions.
It is important to take into account the distinctive properties of a particular variety in order for the fruit tree to grow well and bring a large amount of tasty harvest.
Apple-tree Souvenir of Altai: variety description and characteristics
Apple-tree Souvenir of Altai: photo of the variety
Interesting! In 1954, by combining the varieties of apples "Peking", "Gornoaltaiskaya" and "Chinese beller", this variety of apples was obtained.
- The combination was carried out at the Scientific Research Institute for Horticulture in Siberia. M. A. Lisavenko. The authors of this variety of apples are breeding specialists I. P. Kalinina, N. V. Ermakova and M. A. Lisavenko.
- The apple tree Souvenir of Altai belongs to varieties with an autumn type of harvest. This variety of apples is widespread in the Altai and Krasnoyarsk regions.
- The apple tree grows most often of medium size, the shape of the crown is round.
- The branches are located at an angle, approximately ninety degrees, from the main conductor.
- The branches of this apple variety have an average number of villi, grow straight, and are brown in color.
- The leaf plates are slightly pointed. The back has villi, glossy in direct sunlight.
- The harvest is small. The weight of one fruit varies from eighty to one hundred and twenty grams. The color is dark pinkish with yellowish dots.
- The harvesting process takes place every year. The level of resistance to cold and frost is satisfactory. The level of resistance to various diseases is good.
Advantages and disadvantages
The main advantage that the Altai Souvenir apple tree boasts is its attractive appearance.
Even in the variety, the process of harvesting occurs every year, the variety has a good level of resistance to various diseases.
It is also worth noting high consumer qualities and excellent presentation, long terms of the content of the crop.
The most serious drawback of this apple variety is considered to be a low level of resistance to some known diseases, such as moniliosis, and also a slight freezing in the especially cold winter season.
Dimensions of the apple tree at the age
This fruit tree can grow from four hundred to five hundred centimeters up. However, with the correct shaping of the crown, it is possible to have an apple tree in two hundred fifty - three hundred centimeters, and this allows you to reduce the inconvenience of care.
With such dimensions, agricultural technology behind an apple tree will become much easier. This makes it much easier to harvest the fruit.
The increase in the apple tree over the years
The growth of the branches of a fruit tree can vary from fifty to sixty centimeters in twelve months. The annual growth is influenced by climatic conditions at certain times of the year and region.
When the annual growth rate was less than the norm, then the apple tree unsuccessfully endured the winter season or was attacked by parasites or various diseases.
The apple-tree of the Altai Souvenir variety is self-fertile. This means that this apple variety does not require group planting of pollinating varieties nearby. He will be able to produce a good amount of the crop on his own.
The amount of the crop is common. A nineteen-year-old apple tree can bring five and a half tons from each hectare, the cultivation conditions depend on the amount of harvest.
The opinion of the tasters
The tasters rated the taste of fresh fruits at four and a half points on a five-point scale.
The level of resistance to cold, frost and various diseases
The apple tree Souvenir of Altai has a good level of resistance to cold and frost. In the ordinary winter season, it feels good, but in especially cold winter seasons it can freeze, especially in the middle zone of our country.
The fruit tree has a high level of resistance to various diseases. In years of increased disease attacks, foliage may suffer. However, the level of infection is not serious.
Note! The fruits do not suffer from disease.
Apple-tree Souvenir Altai: reviews
“This year the second harvesting process took place at the Altai Souvenir apple tree. Acquired with my sister in a proven nursery, but before that, after carefully reading the characteristics of the variety and looking at its photos. The first process of bringing the harvest brought ten to fifteen fruits, on the second the amount of the harvest was more pleasing. The amount of the harvest, judging by the information on the Internet, did not differ from the adult apple tree. The fruits are delicious, and the appearance is just a sight for sore eyes. The apple tree itself almost does not need agricultural technology, I really like to remove the fruits from the tree. All my friends and neighbors have already fallen in love with this variety. "
“The Altai Souvenir apple tree is a favorite among other varieties in my family, because the yield is above average, as well as the taste. My apple tree has been bearing fruit for about fifteen years. The apples are filled with sweet juice. The wife loves to make jams and cook compotes. The best autumn variety of apples. I advise. "
“Fruit trees of this variety do not require special farming techniques. I would say that agricultural technology practically does not require agricultural technology and the usual. The variety has a satisfactory level of resistance to cold and frost, but in my country house not a single tree froze. And our winters are very cold. Bears fruit annually. Apples can be kept for a long time, for me this is the most important positive quality. Everything suits me to taste. The granddaughters love the freshly picked apples. Feel free to plant on your plots, you will not regret it. "
“I read on the Internet that the taste of this variety is average. However, having tasted its fruits, I was surprised, to put it mildly, because these are the most delicious apples in my entire life. What's more interesting, the fruits can be stored for about one hundred and twenty days. And this is very rare! The level of resistance to cold and frost is good, as well as the level of resistance to some diseases, the tree practically does not require agricultural technology. This variety is already familiar to my family, because it has been growing for forty years. Of course, I advise you to purchase it, but it is better to land in a group landing. "
Apple-tree Souvenir of Altai: landing
Disembarkation times and methods
The second spring month is considered the optimal time for planting a fruit tree. The disembarkation must be carried out before the onset of sap flow in the planting material. The soil temperature at this time, most often, is already suitable for the normal adaptation of the planting material.
Disembarkation must be carried out in pre-prepared landing holes. The depth of the planting holes depends on the size of the planting material root system.It is necessary to drive a peg made of iron into the center of the planting hole, which will fix the fruit tree. This allows you to form a true main guide to the apple tree.
Then, from the acquired planting material, it is necessary to distribute the root system and carefully lay it out on a pre-made soil hill in the planting hole.
Then moisten with liquid and make a soil chatter. So that the root system is covered with lumps of wet soil. After that, the whole hole is covered with soil and re-moistened.
It is also possible to make a layer of mulch near the apple tree so that the liquid does not evaporate, and the planting material can adapt normally.
Note! The recommended distance between planting materials is from three hundred to four hundred centimeters. Between the rows on the site, it is worth leaving a space of three hundred and fifty to four hundred centimeters.
Apple-tree Souvenir of Altai: care
In order for your fruit tree to feel great and bear fruit every year, you need to follow a couple of important but light recommendations on agricultural technology:
- initially, it is required to select the correct site for landing. There should be a sufficient amount of sunlight and liquid after precipitation.
- it is worth making a sanitary pruning every year at the same time, and also giving the crown of an apple tree a shape.
- the main thing in cultivation is the correct fertilization of the tree. Complex fertilizers are considered the best fertilizers, because they contain everything necessary for a fruit tree.
- hydration is also important. It should be held three times - five times in one season. It is necessary to moisten well to provide moist soil, up to about one hundred and fifty centimeters.
Pruning and shaping the crown
Pruning of a fruit tree of this variety is made sanitary and by shortening:
- sanitary pruning consists of removing old and dead branches as well as branches that are infected. Harvesting them allows you not to waste energy on the tree, and all the nutrients will be directed to planting the next harvest, and also to increase the immunity of the apple tree.
- the essence of shortening is that the branches of the tree are pruned by one third of the entire length. Due to the fact that the apple tree has lost some part of the crown, the remaining strength of the tree will be directed to the abundant formation of new branches. With this option, buds open on the branches after sleep. The branches grow rather rapidly and give shape to the crown.
The crown of an apple tree of this variety is often formed in layers. When giving a crown of this type, starting from the first months, it is necessary to form branches of the first and second orders.
- The first-order branches are formed at fifty centimeters, the second-order branches are formed at eighty centimeters. Additional branches must be removed.
- In the second year, it is necessary to remove all branches growing in the center of the crown and not touch the two branches growing in different directions.
- In the third year, the number of branches on skeletal shoots is formed.
- In the fourth year, we lay the top layer.
Distinctive features of ripening and harvesting process
Interesting! Apple trees Souvenir Altai at the age of five - six years of age begin to bring the first harvest.
The flowering process in the variety is rather late. Most often it takes place at the end of the spring season and before the start of the summer season.
The harvest ripens in the autumn season. Approximately in the second decade of the first autumn month.
After the apple tree starts to harvest for the first time, the tree will not stop harvesting. This means that you can harvest the fruits annually.
The collected fruits are quite valuable. Because the harvest of this variety does not lose its quality and attractive appearance during the entire storage period.
Apple-tree Souvenir of Altai: photo of the variety
When cultivating this variety as a semi-crop, it is possible to have good results.
Obtaining this type of apple is carried out by grafting a cultivated variety, for example, the wild form of this variety with "ranetka".
The wild form of the fruit tree has a fairly good level of resistance to cold and frost, and also a good level of resistance to various diseases.
At the same time, the fruit tree will produce quite tasty apples every year and will hardly succumb to the weather.
High level of resistance to parasites. Sometimes the tree can be affected by diseases.
Note! This method of cultivating apple trees today is quite common in the circles of summer residents with experience, as well as in the circles of beginners.
This type of apple is considered autumn. Its cultivation in the suburban area is considered beneficial and necessary.
In the summer season, it is possible to eat apples of the summer ripening time. However, with the onset of the fall season, the summer varieties have already yielded a crop, and their content is quite short, and this variety is just beginning to yield.
The harvest has a large amount of vitamins and minerals, the fruits can be stored for up to one hundred and twenty days.
Cultivation in various regions of Russia
The middle strip of our country and Altai
- This type of apple is most often cultivated in these regions. The fruit tree feels great here.
- The level of resistance to cold allows you to give a stable amount of quality harvest every year.
- The level of disease resistance of the apple tree is good. Sometimes foliage can be damaged, the crop does not suffer.
- With proper agricultural technology, fruit trees in the middle zone of our country and Altai will be able to produce crops with a long-term maintenance, about one hundred and twenty days. This allows the apples to be transported over long distances.
- This variety of apples in Siberia bears fruit of good quality on a regular basis.
- The high level of resistance to cold and frost helps the tree to be cultivated in Siberia. For Siberian summer residents, this is an excellent characteristic.
- Slight freezing of the apple tree can only occur in especially cold winter seasons.
The apple-tree Souvenir of Altai is ranked among the widespread varieties of apples.
Advantages of the Altai Souvenir apple tree:
- high level of resistance to cold and frost.
- good level of resistance to various diseases.
- the harvesting process takes place every year.
- long crop maintenance time.
- unpretentiousness in agricultural technology.
The apple tree Souvenir of Altai is cultivated in all regions of our country.