The Ural climatic conditions are not so favorable for the cultivation of fruit bearing plants. Long duration of frosts, the strength of wind gusts, dry periods, or, conversely, waterlogged - all this can destroy the fruit crop. However, thanks to breeding work, apple varieties were obtained, intended for cultivation in the Urals. One of the best varieties is the Papirojantarnoe apple tree.
From this material you will find out why the variety is highly appreciated in the gardening of the Urals and other regions.
Apple-tree Papiroyantarnoe: description of the variety
The apples of the Papiroyantarnoye variety ripen in late summer. Medium-sized tree. The crown is compacted, round, located on a strong trunk. The apples are large and have good taste.
The variety is highly resistant to the winter season. Therefore, the apple tree can grow well in the northern territories and in Siberia.
The variety is popular among gardeners for the fact that it bears fruit well, therefore, the yield indicator is decent.
Fruits contain many vitamins and nutrients, so they are not only eaten fresh, but also processed and canned.
Apple tree Papiroyantarnoe: features of the variety, pros and cons
A short excursion into history.
The variety was bred by L.A. Kotov. The place of obtaining the variety is the Sverdlovsk selection station. The author of the variety crossed two varieties: “Amber"And" Folding ".
Pros and cons.
- good adaptability to soil and climate;
- quick return of fruits;
- high yield rate;
- quality apples;
- resistance to the winter season;
- immunity to fungal infections.
Disadvantage - the fruits are stored for a short time.
The size of an adult apple tree.
The crown is in the shape of a circle, powerful, skeletal branches are located perpendicular to the trunk. The annual growth is good. Therefore, an adult apple tree grows up to 6-7 m.
The growth of the branches depends on the growth of the apical buds. The annual growth is 10 cm.
The apple tree bears fruit regularly, the yield rate rarely decreases.
The average indicator is 60 c / ha.
Assessment by tasters.
The fruits are light yellow in color, there are no blush or stripes. The average weight of an apple is 150 g. The inner content is creamy, compact, fine-grained, sweet-sour dessert taste. Tasting score - 4.4 pts / 5 pts.
The apple is rich in vitamins and nutrients. Fruits are eaten fresh and processed. That is, a variety of universal purpose.
Resistant to the winter season.
Good resistance to frost periods. If you cover the tree properly, then it can withstand a decrease in temperature conditions to -30 degrees.
The apple tree has good immune defenses against fungal infections. But in seasons, when excessive moisture sets in, scab can infect leaves and apples.
Apple tree Papiroyantarnoe: reviews of the variety
Matvey, Moscow region:
"The apple variety" Papiroyantarnoye "is rightfully appreciated in our family. A tree grows in the summer cottage for a fairly long period.The tree is small in size, this allows you to easily cover it for the winter. The scab will damage the apple tree on rare occasions. After she was cured, she recovers at an accelerated rate. Bears fruit regularly. Apples taste great. We eat them fresh for three months, then they spoil. To avoid spoilage, we prepare jam, compote, jelly from fruits. And apples are also dried and canned here. "
Olga, Krasnoyarsk Territory:
The “Papiroyantarnoe” apple tree is quite good if we compare it with other varieties of summer ripening. Adaptation to various weather conditions occurs almost instantly. The variety has unpretentiousness to care, immunity to fruit rot and powdery mildew. I liked the apples for their commercial properties, sweet taste and aroma. But one thing is inconvenient - the apple tree needs to be constantly covered so that it does not freeze over. "
“Variety“ Papiroyantarnoe ”grows on my territory on a dwarf rootstock. The tree is small in height, has wide branches. Apples are distributed equally over the entire area of the crown. The fruit has a juicy and sweet taste. I procure and preserve them. It turns out tasty and healthy. Since apples can lie for a long time, we eat them fresh until the very November days. When choosing a dwarf rootstock, consider the location of the root system. Its growth goes not in depth, but to the ground level. This means that the roots may freeze slightly, this will negatively affect the future harvest. Therefore, I recommend that you look at the photos, read the characteristics of the variety, in order to avoid mistakes when carrying out agricultural technology. "
How to correctly plant and care for an apple tree
It is better to plant the apple variety Papiroyantarnoe in the spring season, because in the autumn season the root system of the tree is weakly developed, the seedling may die.
Algorithm for planting a seedling 2 years.
- Early in the spring, after warming up the soil, an apple tree is planted.
- A landing hole is being dug. Dimensions: depth - 0.6 m, width - 1 m.
- It is necessary to add humus, compost fertilizer, peat, rotted organic matter (manure) to the pit, everything is dug up with the soil.
- Next, a seedling is installed in the hole. The root system is spread on the sides and covered with soil. The formation of the hole occurs at the central conductor. Then two buckets of water are poured out. The planting interval is 3.5-4 m from the rest of the trees.
For good survival of the apple tree and its further correct development, it is recommended to take care of the tree in a timely manner and competently carry out agricultural techniques. How to care for an apple tree:
- water in a timely manner. In the first year after planting, watering is carried out 4 times / 30 days. And in the future, watering is applied when an adult tree needs it. During dry periods or during the growing season;
- protect from harmful insects and diseases. Whitewash the barrel annually with copper sulphate lime. It is also necessary to carry out preventive treatments of the apple tree with chemicals;
- do supports for branchesso that they do not break from the weight of the fruit;
- shelter for the winter. In the autumn season, the trunk circle is mulched with compost fertilizer, the stem and crown are covered with a covering cloth;
- feed. Top dressing is applied in the third year after planting, the trunk circle is fertilized with nitrogen and minerals. In the north, the species we are considering must be grafted onto wild game with frost resistance.
The procedure for cutting and shaping the crown
For greater resistance of the apple tree to frosty periods, the crown from an early age must be formed in a stanza form, bending down the branches. Pruning is done when the plant is three years old. All weak, damaged, twisted shoots and branches are cut off.
The apple variety Papiroyantarnoe is self-fertile. It is pollinated with the help of the wind and with the help of insects.
How the Cigarette Apple tree ripens and bears fruit
The tree begins to bear fruit from 6 years after planting. Medium early fruiting. Productivity is growing rapidly. The apple tree blooms on the 15th of May. The collection of fruits is carried out in the last days of August.
Apples can be stored for two months without losing their taste and marketability. It is possible to increase the preservation of fruits for another 30 days, if the humidity and temperature conditions are correctly selected.
On a dwarf rootstock
At the moment, the variety on a dwarf rootstock is becoming more and more popular among gardeners. Caring for this tree is very convenient, because it grows up to two meters, and its crown is compact.
- quick return of fruits;
- high yield rate;
- comfortable picking apples;
- bears fruit regularly;
- decorative tree.
The root system is located on the soil surface. Therefore, the tree can be planted in a place where underground waters lie close.
In order for the Papiroyantarnoe apple variety to mature earlier, it is grafted into the varieties on the stem. This variety has a strong columnar stem and short twigs. Thanks to this, the batteries are not supplied to feed the tree, but to pour the fruit.
- fruits ripen early,
- high yield rate,
- good immunity to scab.
The crown is compact and decorative, so the apple tree can be a wonderful decoration for a garden plot. And plus to everything, space is saved for the rest of the plants that bear fruit.
Regional cultivation of the Papiroyantarnoe apple tree
To gain the strength of the growth of a young tree and for further regular fruiting in the Siberian region, care for the plant is carried out in the first year of planting:
- mulching of the trunk circle with peat, sawdust, humus is carried out;
- the crown is formed in tiers;
- in order to avoid burns, the trunk is whitewashed with lime, organic and mineral components are introduced under the bole;
- so that the tree does not freeze over in the winter season, it is necessary to trample the snow cover near the trunk circle, cover the entire crown with snow. When the first thaw comes, the crown immediately frees itself from the snow cover, otherwise, due to the severity of the ice crust, the branches may break.
In order for the apple tree to grow well and bear fruit in the Ural region, it is required to carry out agrotechnical techniques in a timely manner and competently care for the tree. After planting a tree, the following care procedures are performed:
- regular watering all season;
- in spring and autumn, the trunk is whitewashed to avoid burns from ultraviolet rays;
- fallen leaves and broken branches are removed in order to avoid the appearance of pathogenic bacterial microorganisms;
- so that the apple tree does not freeze over in the winter season, it must be wrapped with a covering material;
- to prevent rodent attacks, traps and traps must be installed throughout the garden area.
The Ural surface soil layer has sufficient hardness. To obtain the required amount of air by the root system, you need to regularly loosen and weed the trunk circle.
The apple variety "Papiroyantarnoye" is one of the best varieties that can be cultivated in the Ural region. Having landed this species on their territory, summer residents will almost instantly fall in love with it. After all, the apple tree perfectly adapts to the soil and climate, gives a generous and high-quality harvest. Apples are healthy and have excellent taste.