Apple tree Kulundinskoe
The apple tree Kulundinskoye was brought to the Central Siberian Branch of the Siberian Branch of the Russian Academy of Agricultural Sciences; V.N. Vasilieva and N.V. Moiseeva worked on its creation. The "parents" of the Kulundinskoye apple variety are the apple tree White filling and Siberian berry apple tree. After testing, the Kulundinskoe apple variety was recommended for cultivation in the Novosibirsk region, but quickly gained popularity and spread throughout Siberia. At this time, it can be found in the gardens of the Altai Territory, in the Tyumen, Omsk, Kemerovo and Tomsk regions. Despite the rather small fruits, gardeners appreciate the Kulundinskoe apple variety for its winter hardiness, high yield and other advantages, which we will discuss in this article.
Apple tree Kulundinskoye: variety description and characteristics
Apple tree Kulundinskoe: photo of the variety
The trees of the Kulundinskoe apple variety look very neat and compact: of medium height, with a stem of no more than thirty centimeters, a rounded, not very dense crown, which is formed by straight, evenly spaced branches. The leaf plates are large, painted in a light shade of green, their surface is dull and pubescent.
Fruits are formed on simple or complex ringlets, fruit twigs, and sometimes on spears.
The Kulundinskoe apple variety is a fast-growing one and begins to bear fruit already in the third year after planting, increasing its yield every year.
The maximum fruit weight is 50-55 grams, that is, the tree belongs to large-fruited semi-crops. The shape of the fruit is round, blunt-conical, narrowed towards the calyx, the surface is ribbed. In the main period, the fruits are greenish-yellow in color, in the cover period a thick dark pink "blush" appears, covering almost the entire surface of the fruits. The delicate and juicy cream-colored pulp has an interesting sour-sweet taste, in which you can catch a piquant bitterness. They are consumed both fresh and used for the preparation of various preparations and desserts, due to their excellent gelling properties. The fruits ripen in the 3rd decade of August or in the first decade of September and can be stored for about thirty days. Despite the compact size of the tree, with good care and favorable weather conditions, you can harvest about one hundred kilograms of apples per season.
Advantages and disadvantages of the variety
Before buying seedlings, an experienced gardener always weighs the pros and cons, analyzing the strengths and weaknesses of the fruit tree variety.
The advantages of the Kulundinskoye apple variety include the following qualities:
- First of all, winter hardiness is one of the most important qualities for Eastern and Western Siberia.
- Early maturity. The opportunity to get a harvest in three years reconciles gardeners even with medium-sized apples.
- High productivity.
- Excellent taste of high-vitamin fruits.
- Compact size of the tree for easy maintenance and harvesting.
But not without drawbacks, which include:
- Small fruits.
- Short shelf life and poor transportability - during transportation, the fruits crumple and lose their presentation.
- Medium scab resistance. This suggests that the gardener should not relax, but should devote enough time to prevention, which includes not only treatment with special preparations, but also timely pruning of the tree and maintaining order in the trunk circle.
Apple tree Kulundinskoe: gardeners reviews about the variety
- Victoria Vladimirovna, Leningrad region: “I noticed many more advantages of the Kulundinskoye apple variety than disadvantages.For example, low scab resistance, but this is easily prevented by paying more attention to caring for the apple tree. Overall, I liked the variety. "
- Maria Vladislavovna, Sverdlovsk region: “First of all, I would like to note that the Kulundinskoye apple tree has never given a bad harvest. always pleases with a large number of apples, regardless of whether there were frosts or not. This is good news! "