Apple tree Divo
The Divo apple tree was created in the Central Botanical Garden of Siberia. Valentina Vasilyeva, Nikolai Moiseev and Elena Safonova are considered its authors.
They crossed the ranetka cultivar with the cultivar White filling, the result is a new variety with better qualities than the original varieties. After the Divo apple variety was tested according to all criteria and entered into the State Register, it began to gain popularity not only in Siberia, but also in many regions.
Apple tree Divo: description of the variety and characteristics
Apple tree Divo: photo of the variety
The Divo apple tree is compact, small in height, about 170 centimeters. At the age of 2-3 years, the shape of the crown begins to form, it is round, correctly shaped. The branches are located at a small distance from each other, forming an average density of the crown. The branches are even, slightly raised.
The shoot of the Divo apple variety is even, brown-yellow in color, there is a small amount of fluff. The foliage is medium in size. The leaf is oval in shape, with slightly elongated and pointed ends. The leaf surface is green with a slight orange tint in the sun. Leaves with light green veins, which are slightly noticeable. Both sides of the leaf are matte, only one of them has small villi. The leaf petioles are long, thin, so they do not hold the foliage tightly.
Features of the Divo variety
The fruits of the Divo variety apple are round in shape, slightly flattened on top. Average weight of each fruit is 40 grams, maximum weight is 50 grams. By color, the fruits are crimson-burgundy, which looks very attractive. They are located on short and thick stalks. The chambers with the seeds are slightly open; they contain brownish-green seeds.
The flesh of the Divo apple tree is white-yellow in color, grainy, sweet in taste with a pronounced floral aroma. In terms of composition, apples contain natural sugars 12%, titratable acids 2%, tannins 0.2%, vitamin C 6%, active substances 3%, pectin substances 0.9%.
You can start harvesting in early September or late August. At the same time, you should not postpone the collection, as the fruits may begin to fall off at the end of the season. The shelf life is 2 months. The first fruiting of the Divo apple tree is carried out 3-4 years after planting the seedling. The amount of harvest is high, about 80 kilograms per tree. The crop appears regularly, regardless of the year.
- How to use the fruits of the Divo apple tree?
Apples can be eaten fresh, you can also prepare various preserves. Many gardeners brew compotes that taste and smell good. You can also make mashed potatoes, juices, or use in baked goods. The Divo apple variety is versatile, so you can make anything from it.
Apple tree Divo: advantages and disadvantages
pros apple varieties Divo:
- The sweet taste of apples, as well as a pronounced aroma.
- Increased resistance of the variety to frost. It can withstand temperatures down to -28 degrees. At lower temperatures, you need to take care of the tree by covering it.
- A high level of productivity, as well as its regularity.
- The fruits contain a huge amount of useful trace elements.
- Compactness of wood.
- Apples can be picked mechanically. They will not be damaged, as they have a thick layer of protective wax.
Minuses apple trees Divo:
- Despite the average resistance to fungal diseases at the end of the season, all resistance disappears, and the tree becomes sick. This also happens if the tree is not cared for. To avoid this, it is necessary to carry out regular treatments with fungicides that will prevent disease from arising.
The Divo apple tree is a wonderful variety that copes well with frost. It bears a large number of fruits, which contain various nutrients that the body needs. The compactness of the tree allows you to save space in the garden. The fruits of the Divo apple tree ripen quickly, retaining their appearance and taste for another 2 months.