Cherry Altai swallow
Cherry trees, especially during their flowering period, are able to please any person. And if these beautiful trees also bring a rich harvest of delicious ripe berries - this will delight even the most experienced gardener. In this article, we will consider the Altai swallow cherry.
Cherry Altai swallow: variety description and characteristics
Cherry Altai swallow: photo of the variety
- The fruits of the Altai Swallow cherry variety are small, round, wine-colored, tolerate the winter season.
- This culture came from the varieties "Steppe cherry" and "Common cherry". Opened at the Research Institute of Horticulture in Siberia named after V.I. M.A. Lisavenko. The variety passed the tests in one thousand nine hundred and seventy-eight.
- Introduced to the State Register in one thousand nine hundred and eighty-five in the Urals, in the west and east of Siberia.
- The cherry tree of the Altai Swallow variety is small, reaching one hundred and eighty centimeters. The crown is rounded, overgrown.
- Berries of the cherry variety Altai swallow are small in size, weighing from twenty-six milligrams, round, slightly crushed. The skin is burgundy in color, the density is low.
- The contents of the cherry Altai swallow are red inside, the taste is a sweet berry with a sour taste. The stone is small, oval in shape, it is easy to detach from the fetus.
Reviews of the Altai Swallow cherry variety are mostly positive. Many gardeners in the course of growing cherry swallow Altai came to the following conclusions:
- Cherry of this variety is a self-fertile culture. Fruiting is small. Fruits ripen by autumn. Cherry harvest Altai swallow is large.
- Resistant to frost, also to debate.
- Cherry variety Altai swallow carries klyasterosporium disease.