Pinot Noir grapes
This variety is very common among experienced gardeners. The Pinot Noir grape belongs to one of the main grape varieties. The Pinot Noir grapes produce an excellent Burgundy wine, which has earned great recognition among gourmets. The drink comes from the streets of Burgundy. Each bottle of Pinot Noir wine can differ in its own flavor notes. Since the taste characteristics of the fruit depend on how the grower takes care of his offspring and also on climatic conditions.
Pinot Noir grapes: variety description
The ripening of Pinot Noir grapes takes about 4-5 months. The fruits can already be harvested in the first autumn month.
The Pinot Noir grape variety grows in countries such as:
- Japan and many others.
Bush. Has a small size. Grows poorly, the shoots are straight. The vine from the degree of maturity has its own specific color. Young - light green, one-year-old - brown-green, old - brown.
Leaves. They have a rounded shape. There may be small bubbles on the surface, the effect of corrugated paper. The foliage color is juicy green.
Flowers... They are bisexual.
Branches. The bunches are not long, the maximum is 12 cm in length, and no more than 8 cm in width. By themselves, they are compacted and strong. The specific gravity of one branch is not more than 150 g.
Fruit. The berries have a very pleasant and delicate taste; gourmets appreciate the variety for its taste characteristics. They have a rounded shape, not large in size 0.15 cm in girth. The specific gravity is about 1.5 grams.
There are few seeds in the berry - no more than 3 pieces. The skin is firm but not thick. Fruits are dark blue with a bluish tint. The pulp is juicy, tasty, with the presence of sourness.
Pinot Noir grapes: characteristics and features of the variety
The shrub does not require much and anxious care, in this regard it is not whimsical. It develops gradually. Grows medium in size. Despite the fact that the bushes give a small amount of berries - 50-60 c / ha, gardeners appreciate this variety for its taste.
The eye of Pinot Noir grapes can be damaged due to severe frosts, as they appear in March. The shrub is able to withstand temperatures down to -25 ̊C. If the vine is damaged, the bush goes through a recovery period and continues to grow actively.
- Sugar content - no more than 22 g per 100 ml;
- Acid content - no more than 8 g per 1 liter.
The berries have a pleasant and unique taste!
How to grow the Pinot Noir grape variety?
The Pinot Noir grape variety is very sensitive to climatic conditions. In constant hot weather, the fruits will grow quickly. But in the end, they will not be filled with juice and will not ripen to the appearance of that special taste that experienced winegrowers so appreciate.
The cultivar is also picky about planting soil and light. It can be grown on slopes and south-facing plots.
The soil used must be loose. A mixture of clay and limestone is most suitable. The acid-base balance should not exceed the 6.5-5 pH mark.
If the shrub is very thickened, then unnecessary branches will have to be cut off. Since with a lack of oxygen, the bunches will grow and develop poorly, which can significantly affect the quality of the crop.
To plant a vineyard in the spring, planting holes must be prepared in advance in the fall.Pits from each other are located at a distance of 0.8-1.0 meters. The space between rows should not exceed 120 cm.
Before planting, the pit is harvested on average one month before the planned planting. In the deepening, it is necessary to equip drainage and fertilize the soil - 0.25 kg of ash and 0.25 kg of nitroammophos.
In order for the root system to remain intact, planting material is planted slowly and carefully. The area near the root is subjected to peat mulching.
Pinot Noir grapes: photo of the variety
The most first-class Pinot Noir grapes are grown in the place of its origin - Burgundy. Here, special climate conditions are prepared for the variety, where it is used to developing, but the care is different here. If you follow all the rules for caring for shrubs, you can grow a delicious and first-class crop.
How to feed, sprinkle and irrigate
In order to saturate the vineyard with moisture, it was necessary to make dimples around the plant, into which water will be poured. You can also make a drip system with your own hands, which simplifies the watering process.
First irrigation carried out in the early spring. If after winter there was a small amount of snow, then in the first month of spring. And if there was a lot of snow, then in the second.
There is no need to water the plant 14 days before and after flowering. In the summer, about 50 liters of water is consumed per adult vineyard.
They begin to feed the plant after it is 3 years old, they are carried out 4 times a year.
- First feeding carried out until the beginning of flowering. In 1 bucket, 50 g of nitrophosphate is diluted;
- Second feeding carried out 14 days before the formation of the fruit. In 1 bucket of water, potassium magnesium is diluted 20 g, ammonia nitrate 20 g.
- Third podkarlivanie carried out 16-17 days before harvesting the berry - in 10 liters of water you need to dilute potassium salt 20 g, superphosphate 20 g.
- Fourth feeding carried out after picking berries. You can apply superphosphate and humus. Fertilizing material is embedded in the soil when digging up the earth.
This variety must be treated for preventive purposes from diseases and pests. Processing is carried out during the entire period, it is carried out after a month, one plant is fertilized, and in another the vineyard is resting. Vineyard shelter is necessary only in cold climates.
Attention: For vineyard irrigation, a liquid with a temperature of + 22 ... + 23 degrees is used.
Shrubs are cut in the southern regions - with a low stem, in the northern regions - with a high stem, making an elongated sleeve. Shoots are shortened by 7 eyes. The pruning tool must first be disinfected before work, and then just start the process of forming a bush.
The trimming blades must be very sharp. Once a year, you need to prune unnecessary shoots that are sick and do not bear fruit.
In winter, not all vineyards are sheltered, but only those that are prone to severe frosts. At the same time, the soil must be mulched with humus or peat.
Processing and harvesting of fruits
Pinot Noir grapes: photo of the variety
The harvest ripens around the middle to the end of the first autumn month. Time can vary depending on the area where the grapes are grown and on the climatic conditions. The bunches are removed from the vine, picking them with your hands.
It is customary to process grapes immediately after harvesting; it is impossible to store Pinot Noir grapes for a long time. Delicious and high-quality red and white high-quality wine is made from the fruit. You can also make champagne. The fruits are pressed together with the tassels to increase the tannin content.
Pinot Noir grapes: reviews of the variety
The Pinot Noir grape variety is unique and very popular, as its taste characteristics can conquer the most sophisticated gourmet.
- I have 15 shrubs in my garden that are more than 10 years old.The Pinot Noir grape is my idol, as its berries make excellent wine drinks. The amount of harvest is small, this is probably the main disadvantage of the variety. The care is simple, but certain subtleties must be observed. The berries sell very well. The vineyard likes nitrogenous fertilizers. Over such a period of time, I encountered pests, but it was easy to destroy them with special means. Every 2 months I carry out treatment for diseases for prevention.
- I use this variety as the main one. It makes delicious homemade wine. The Pinot Noir grape variety is very picky about weather conditions. If the weather was bad in summer, then the berries will not have such a pleasant aftertaste, weak aroma. And so the variety is one of a kind. Such a whimsical variety needs to be able to create excellent conditions for active growth.
- Pinot Noir grapes are delicious and easy to grow. The yield of Pinot Noir grapes is small, there are enough fruits for themselves. From the best berries I make the most delicious wine, and from the berries I make homemade juice. To prevent the harvest from being lost, the plant must be constantly equipped with fertilizers and treated against diseases and pests. If the grower has a large number of vineyards, it is best to make an irrigation drip system to make watering the plants easier.