Vetranquil for animals: instructions, dosage
One of the categories of herbal origin is the drug Vetranquil.
It is used as a sedative in anesthesia. It is also used when moving an animal to another place, during transportation.
Vetranquil: instructions for use in veterinary medicine
The composition of the drug Vetranquil includes:
- acepromazine-maleate - 1%;
- Chlorbutanol - 0.5%;
- other herbal ingredients - 85.5%.
The drug is a sterile injection solution. Packaged in 50 ml dark glass bottles. The bottles are hermetically sealed. In addition, the bottles with the drug are in a protective cardboard box.
Vetranquil can be used:
- to reduce skeletal muscle tone;
- to reduce the temperature of a part of the body with local or general hypothermia;
- to lower blood pressure;
- to eliminate signs of chronic and acute allergic reactions;
- to suppress the activity of adrenergic nerves; calms the nervous system: suppresses excitability;
- to stop vomiting.
When is it necessary to use Vetranquil
The drug Vetranquil in veterinary medicine is used:
- as a sedative;
- reduces the effect of stress factors, reduces anxiety;
- prepares the body for general anesthesia.
Vetranquil: dosage, methods of application
Vetranquil is used as a solution for injection.
The dosage is indicated in the attached instructions.
- For large animals, the dose is 0.5 ml per 100 kg of animal weight.
- For sheep and goats - 0.5 ml per 10 kg of their weight.
- Dogs and cats - 0.2-0.3 ml for every 10 kg of weight.
- For large animals, the dose is not less than 1 and not more than 2 ml per 100 kg of animal weight.
- For sheep and goats - 0.5 - 1 ml for every 10 kg of their weight.
- Dogs and cats - 0.25 to 0.5 ml for every 10 kg of weight.
Dose adjustments are allowed only to veterinarians after the diagnosis of the disease has been established. Overdose should not be allowed.
Vetranquil: injection technique
Safety, contraindications, proper storage of Vetranquil
When working with Vetrachnquil, strictly follow the safety rules. The used container cannot be used after the preparation.
The milk of a vaccinated cow must be heat-treated. It is necessary to slaughter an animal for meat only after 24 hours after vaccination. If the animal was killed earlier, then the meat must be sent for processing to obtain protein-mineral feed or fed to other animals.
Cows can get sick
- with carbohydrate starvation of cells;
- disease of the hematopoietic system;
- severe intoxication and dehydration in newborn animals;
- inflammation of the mammary gland.
Contraindications for the use of Vetranquila may be in the following cases:
- with hypothermia of the body;
- if the animal's heart cannot provide the tissue with the required amount of blood.
With the wrong use of Vetranquil, individual diseases can be aggravated.
The storage room for the drug should be kept at a temperature of +5 to +20 degrees. Protect the drug from sunlight. Vetranquil can be stored for 4 years. It is necessary to use the drug within four years from the date of its manufacture.