The most important feature of this variety is that it is completely unpretentious to growing conditions and subsequent care. Tomato Nepas has the existence of several subspecies, which differ from each other in different fruit colors and sizes. Plus to this - these tomatoes do not need to be pinned.
Tomato Nepas: variety description and characteristics
Tomato Nepas: photo of the variety
Tomato variety Nepas is quite resistant to the most common tomato disease - late blight. And all this is because the plant does not form many stepsons and is rather well ventilated. The plant grows in the range of 20 to 70 centimeters. Therefore, thanks to this size, the Nepas tomatoes need additional support. When fruits ripen, about 6 kilograms of an excellent harvest can be obtained from each square meter. Ripe fruits of this variety are widely used in the manufacture of tomato paste and canning for the winter, and also used unprocessed, as a component of salads.
Tomato Nepas: varieties of varieties
Tomato Nepas: photo of the variety
The Nepas tomato variety has 14 subspecies with different characteristics. Therefore, gardeners have a chance to choose exactly the type that will suit him exactly in size, color scheme, taste characteristics and in certain uses. Let's consider them in more detail:
- Nepas 2. It refers to itself as a mid-early plant of the determinant type. The first harvest of ripe fruits can already be obtained in 100-110 days. Tomato Nepas 2 does not form stepchildren. It grows up to 70 centimeters in height. The culture thrives in areas where hot, dry summers and high humidity prevail. Therefore, it is there that he gives a greater harvest. The ripe fruits of these vegetables are covered with a raspberry-colored peel, smooth in structure. Fruits are round in shape and are endowed with a weight of about 45 to 110 grams each. From each bush of Nepas 2 tomatoes, a harvest of about 4-5 kilograms ripens. This species presents itself with good endurance to unfavorable surprises from the external environment. The Nepas 2 tomato is widely used for making tomato paste and for canning for the winter.
- Tomato nepas 3. It is an early maturing subspecies. Ripe Nepas 3 tomatoes are harvested after 90-100 days. This subspecies is grown using a seedless method, so it is considered the best choice for growing on unstable soils. When growing, the Nepas 3 tomato grows up to 50 centimeters. This culture requires the formation of stepchildren, but in moderation. Ripe fruits have a very juicy taste and weigh approximately 140 grams.
- Tomato nepas 4. It belongs to the type determinant plants. The bush does not require the formation of stepchildren. It grows well both in open space and in greenhouse conditions. Ripe Nepas 4 tomatoes are orange in color and grow to 70 grams in weight. Tomato Nepas 4 has a strong immunity to infection of various kinds of rot.
Tomato Nepas 4: photo of the variety
- Tomato nepas 5... It is a prominent representative of the mid-early subspecies. The harvest begins to ripen in 100-110 days on average. The Nepas 5 tomato is distinguished by constant and high fruiting. It can grow up to 60 centimeters. It can be stored well, it does not lose its taste characteristics for about two weeks after harvest. The main distinguishing feature of the Nepas 5 tomato is the presence of a rather pronounced spout in the vegetable and the orange color of the peel, which, in addition to everything, is very dense and thick.
- Tomato nepas 6... Each cluster of this species can form up to 6 tomatoes. And the total yield of the Nepas 6 tomato from each square meter reaches about 8 kilograms. A feature of this subspecies is that its ripe fruits can reach a mass of at least 80 grams. The taste of these fruits is very tasty and rich, and the inside of the vegetable is quite dense in structure. The species can grow well both in open areas and in greenhouse conditions. Tomato Nepas 6 perfectly adapts to the conditions in which it grows, be it low or, on the contrary, high air temperatures. In addition, it has a fairly high immunity to various common diseases of the tomato. Type of tomatoes of the Nes 6 variety are endowed with an excellent opportunity for transportation and long-term storage of fruits.
- Tomato nepas 7. The species characterizes itself as a determinant plant with an early ripening period. This vegetable crop begins to delight you with a gorgeous harvest in about 100-105 days. The plant is considered a standard plant and grows up to 80 centimeters in height. The main distinguishing feature of the Nepas 7 tomato is its huge tomato size. In its evil form, one tomato can reach a weight of 150-200 grams. They grow round in shape and with a smooth red skin. On average, gardeners harvest 7 kilograms of ripe harvest from each square meter of planting. Tomatoes Nepas 7 require an ongoing procedure for pruning stepsons. The taste of the ripe pulp of the fruit of this subspecies has a rich sour-sweet aftertaste. Another distinctive feature of the subspecies is its persistent immunity to the common tomato disease - Fusarium.
- Tomato nepas 8... This type belongs to mid-season tomatoes. It has proven itself remarkably when growing up in open space. Although this plant can only grow up to 70 centimeters in height. Up to 6 tomatoes can form on one bush. Tomato Nepas 8 does not require the formation of constant stepchildren at all. The fruits themselves grow in the shape of a plum, with a slightly pointed tip. When ripe, they can reach about 50-70 grams each, and at the same time have a bright red color. From each square meter, the plant can give you about 6-7 kilograms of ripe fruits. In general, the Nepas 8 tomato showed itself well in its resistance to unfavorable weather conditions, for example, it is not afraid of either drought or rainy periods. He also has a wonderful and high immunity of Nepas 8 tomatoes to various kinds of fungi, which is an important fact when choosing a variety for growing.
- Tomato nepas9... The plant belongs to determinant crops. It can grow up to 80 centimeters in height. It is considered ideal for outdoor cultivation. A plant of this species does not form stepchildren at all. The fruits are elongated, cylindrical in shape. The inside of a ripe Nepas 9 tomato is very fleshy and tasty. And the weight of these vegetables can grow up to 60 grams. A distinctive feature of Nepas 9 tomatoes is considered to be its high resistance to infection of a huge number of diseases that tomatoes are susceptible to, and the subspecies is also capable of surprising you with a wonderful and regular harvest every year.
Tomato Nepas 9: photo of the variety
- Tomato nepas 10. The species is characterized as a plant with a standard, determinant type. The culture refers to itself as an early maturing subspecies of tomatoes. One bush of tomatoes can grow up to 70 centimeters in height. The plant does not require regular removal of stepchildren. Ripe tomatoes of the Nepas 10 variety are endowed with a round shape and rich pink color with yellow thin stripes. The inside of a ripe fruit has an average density and can gain weight up to 75 grams. These vegetables have a bright, rich taste. In addition to eating this subspecies, it can be used as a decoration.
- Tomato nepas 11. The main feature of the Nepas 11 indoor tomato is its mega rapid maturity.This plant does not require pinching, has a rather small growth, can only grow up to 35-40 centimeters. The fruits of Nepas 11 tomatoes also ripen small in size, and in weight gain only about 20 grams. A big plus of this plant is that it can grow in the shade, it feels great both in open space and in a greenhouse.
- Tomato nepas 12. A significant feature of the Nepas 12 tomato, as well as the previous one, is considered to be very fast maturity. The culture is grown in a reckless way. The bush grows up to 50 centimeters in height. Ripe fruits can gain in weight up to 150 grams each, and on average, for each square meter, a harvest of ripe fruits up to 7 kilograms is obtained. A culture such as Nepas 2 has shown excellent resistance to the vagaries of the weather and sudden temperature changes.
- Tomato nepas 13... It is considered a representative of the standard tomato species, and also belongs to the determinant species. Therefore, this plant does not require the formation of its bushes. Ripe fruits resemble in their shape a plum, red in color. The pulp of Nepas 13 tomatoes is dense in structure, endowed with a sweet and rich taste. Tomato Nepas 13 has good transportability. It can retain its flavor profile for about two weeks.
- Tomato nepas 14... It is a prominent representative of mid-early tomato varieties. If necessary, the tomato variety Nepas 14 needs to remove the stepsons. The bush grows up to 80 centimeters in height. Ripe tomatoes are round in shape and have a slightly dense structure. In weight, the Nepas 14 tomato gains from 80 to 100 grams for the entire ripening period. This subspecies is endowed with very good taste characteristics and is also remarkably adapted to unfavorable weather factors.
Tomato Nepas 14: photo of the variety
Features of growing and caring for Nepas tomatoes
Tomatoes Nepas: photo of the variety
The big plus of the Nepas tomato variety is considered to be absolute unpretentiousness in cultivation and care. The plant does not require any colossal efforts for its growth and development. They begin to sow seeds for seedlings in this species about two months before planting it in open ground or a greenhouse. Before sowing, the seeds are soaked in a solution of potassium permanganate for disinfection. Seeds are sown about 10 millimeters in depth and the container with the seedlings is covered with a film, until a sprout is formed. The ideal temperature range for Nepas tomato seeds is from +20 to +25 degrees. Due to the fact that this plant has the ability to tolerate low air temperatures, it can be planted in a greenhouse or greenhouse early. No more than four bushes of this variety are planted on one square meter. In each hole, before planting Nepas tomatoes, it is required to fill in ashes, humus and nitrogen fertilizers, but only in moderation. During the growing season, the plant must be regularly and abundantly watered. This procedure is done about twice a week. In order for the culture to form enough foliage, before flowering, it is necessary to carry out a fertilizing procedure with nitrogenous fertilizers. And during the formation of fruits, fertilizers containing phosphorus and potassium need to be applied.
Nepas tomatoes: advantages and disadvantages
Tomatoes Nepas: photo of the variety
Consider the most important advantages of Nepas tomatoes:
- Quite compact bushes of culture,
- A very small number of formed stepchildren,
- High endurance to temperature moods, as well as to most diseases that tomatoes are susceptible to,
- Very high yield of Nepas tomatoes,
- Early ripeness of tomatoes,
- Completely unpretentious in care and cultivation,
- Excellent taste characteristics,
- It grows well both in open areas and in greenhouse conditions.
Among all the advantages and advantages of this variety, it also has negative points... This is the presence of unsaturation in taste and small-sized vegetables are ripe.
Tomato Nepas: reviews of gardeners about the variety
Tomatoes Nepas: photo of the variety
Tomatoes Nepas are quite famous and popular among gardeners, all this is due to a number of advantages that this species possesses. On the Internet, in various forums, there is a huge number of reviews about this plant. Here are some of them:
- I live in the Leningrad region, so sharp temperature drops are not at all uncommon here, which makes it difficult to grow tomato seedlings by a certain date. This complexity and problems disappeared by themselves when I got the seeds of the Nepas 12 tomato. I am very satisfied. And the most important plus is that you can grow by a seedless method and at a time when normal and suitable weather conditions have already been established.
Boris Ivanovich, Kingisepp
- I grow the tomato variety Nepas 11 in my garden. I like the fact that the culture does not require special care, effort and time. And it is also attracted by the fact that the Nepas tomato variety can be grown indoors, right on the windowsill, since this variety has a small bush.
Vera Nikolaevna, Krasnodar
Tomato seeds Nepas: video