This tomato variety was bred in Russia, it is grown in open beds, in small farms, in gardens and vegetable gardens. The type of early ripeness, is famous for its unpretentiousness, productivity, because of this, the variety is popular with most gardeners. Tomato Dubrava is a universal variety, they are salted, pickled, made salads and sauces, mashed potatoes, juices from them.
In this material you will learn about the characteristic features of the variety, about its cultivation.
Tomato Dubrava: variety description and characteristics
Tomato Dubrava: photo of the variety
The variety is suitable for growing on simple ridges, the bushes do not need pinching and garter, the care is simple and easy. Because of this, both beginners and professionals can plant the variety.
Characteristic features of the Dubrava tomato variety
- Tomato variety Dubrava of early ripeness, ripening period - 86-90 days after the first shoots appear.
- A determinant bush, an average number of shoots grows on it, it is not required to pinch.
- The growth of the bush is 45-65 cm, the bush is compacted, there is no spreading.
- The leaves are small, light green in color, the flowers are simple, medium in size.
- The first ovary of a flower is formed under 6-7 leaves, others grow in turn every 2 leaves.
- Ripe tomatoes Dubrava red color, round shape, skin with a glossy effect.
- The inner content of the fruit is compacted, juicy.
- The average weight of a tomato is 75-85 g, there are also giants - more than 100 g.
- Tomato yield Dubrava - 4.5-5.5 kg / 1 m2.
- Fruits perfectly retain their taste and marketability during storage, are well transported.
- Immunity to diseases is average, for this reason, the bushes need preventive treatment.
- The yield of the Dubrava tomato is highly dependent on the climate and type of soil. The variety is grown in the center of Russia and in the southern regions, in these territories the highest yield is observed.
Advantages of the Dubrava tomato variety
- Early maturity, this encourages harvesting everywhere before the cold season.
- Excellent taste.
- Tomatoes are designed for universal use.
- Tomatoes ripen together.
- The tightness of the bush.
- The variety is unpretentious.
- When growing plants in open beds, they do not need to be covered.
- The variety has an average immunity to fungus and late blight.
There are no minuses in the Dubrava variety tomatoes, vegetable growers respond only positively to the Dubrava early tomato variety.
But still, you need to add a fly in the ointment to the barrel of honey: early Dubrava tomatoes do not have such an amazing taste and aroma compared to a large number of varieties that give large fruits or pink ones, but the quality characteristics of our variety are still better.
Rules for growing tomatoes Dubrava
Tomatoes Dubrava: photo of the variety
It is easy to grow the Dubrava tomato variety, you just need to follow the traditional rules of planting and agricultural technology of tomatoes. As mentioned earlier, the variety will give the best yield in open beds, but if necessary, this variety can be planted in unheated greenhouse conditions.
In greenhouses, Dubrava tomatoes are often exposed to phytophthora and fungi.
The early tomato variety Dubrava does not have 100% immunity to late blight and fungal diseases, therefore, prophylaxis is required (treat with chemicals, ventilate, mulch, carry out drip irrigation).
Tomato Dubrava: rules for growing seedlings
The variety is recommended to be grown in open beds, so seedlings are the best planting method.
Tomato seedlings Dubrava are grown according to these rules.
- The time of sowing tomato seeds Dubrava should be focused on the climate of the territory.As a rule, sowing seeds for seedlings is carried out 50-60 days before the seedlings are supposed to be planted for permanent residence. Therefore, we can state that the optimal time for sowing seeds is the 15th March days or the last days of March.
- For growing tomato seedlings Dubrava, you can use any container, it is better to take plastic containers. Drainage holes are required at the bottom of the container, because excess water can destroy the seedlings.
- It is recommended to purchase the soil in a special store, but it is possible to make it yourself. Tomatoes need a loosened and soaked soil that is breathable and moisture-retaining.
- Before sowing, soak the seeds of Dubrava tomatoes in a 2% solution of potassium permanganate or in any growth stimulator.
- While the seedlings are at home, it is necessary to carefully monitor the soil moisture.
- The soil in plastic containers should not dry out, but the water should not stagnate either.
- When Dubrava tomato seedlings are transplanted into individual containers (this happens when 2 true leaves appear), the first feeding is immediately applied. The best feeding option is a mineral complex.
- The second feeding introduced before the seedlings are planted in a permanent place. Again, you need to fertilize the plants with a mineral complex.
- At the time of the execution of the tomato seedlings Dubrava 1.5 months, you need to start hardening it. For this purpose, the following conditions are created: the daytime temperature should be 18 degrees, the nighttime - 12-13 degrees. In the north, where daylight passes quickly in spring, you need to supplement the seedlings with fluorescent lamps.
Planting tomato seedlings Dubrava in a permanent place
Tomatoes Dubrava: photo of the variety
To obtain a rich yield of tomato Dubrava, it is necessary to decide on the choice of the right place for planting.
- You can plant plants on last year's place for growing cucumbers, lettuce, carrots, cabbage, legumes, onions, herbs.
- The place should be well lit by sunlight, the soil should be warmed up.
- The soil should be loosened and saturated, allowing air to pass to the root system.
- It is recommended to plant plants in an area that is protected from winds and drafts.
Before planting tomatoes of the Dubrava variety, it is required to dig the land, remove weeds and roots on it, add organic matter or mineral mixtures. Seedlings are planted on open ridges at a time when frosts will no longer return, and the soil will warm up 15 cm deep.
Tomato Dubrava: reviews of gardeners who planted
Tomatoes Dubrava: photo of the variety
Valentina Igorevna, Tver region: “Only a couple of years ago we bought a summer cottage. In vegetable gardens, I am a complete zero. But still, I decided to plant my little garden, I thought that tomatoes should be present in it anyway. This is a classic of the genre. I remembered that my grandmother planted her tomato variety Dubrava. Sowing tomato seeds Dubrava carried out on March 19, by about May 24 the tomatoes had already been transplanted to a permanent place. I did not add top dressing to the soil, because we made high ridges and filled them with store soil. For the whole season, I watered the plants only 5-6 times. Once I sprayed against harmful insects for preventive purposes.
Anna Georgievna, Sverdlovsk region: “The yield of early tomato Dubrava amazed from the first year with its large number of fruits, but they did not come out so large. But when preserved, they went into the jars well. Next year Dubrava decided to plant tomatoes again and I will try other varieties. "
Currently, there are a large number of hybrid tomato species and varieties on the market, which, in terms of quality characteristics, exceed those of Dubrava tomatoes. But the variety fell in love with vegetable growers, and therefore remains popular for cultivation in vegetable gardens.An early variety of tomato Dubrava is unpretentious, stable in hot and cold weather, in dry periods, and in an excess of moisture in the air. Despite all the changes in weather mood, the tomato will give a rich harvest. Dubrava tomatoes are slightly hard, the size of the fruits on one bush can vary, but the tomatoes are very well preserved and tasty when canned.
Tomato Dubrava: video about the variety