Currant Ural Beauty
Red currant The Ural beauty fell in love with gardeners and summer residents due to its amazing taste, large fruits, large amount of stable harvest. This variety is cultivated most often in countries with a temperate climate, in which they easily tolerate the winter season and bear fruit perfectly in the summer season. The currant variety Uralskaya krasavka is grown both in small quantities in summer cottages or suburban areas for their own consumption, and in huge areas for sale.
Currant Ural beauty: variety description
Red currant Ural beauty: photo of the variety
Red currant Ural beauty has an average ripening period. The shrub is a small plant, while it has a large number of shoots, it usually grows up to one hundred and twenty centimeters. Young shoots are green and adult shoots are brown. They are strong, poorly flexible. On some parts of the shoots, a small layer of light bloom may appear. The leaves consist of five lobes, are green in color and large in size. The inflorescences are of ordinary size.
The fruits of the Ural beauty currant variety are formed in a brush, which usually grows up to seven centimeters in length. Fruits usually weigh up to one kilogram seven hundred grams, round shape, red color. The fruits contain a small amount of seeds. Gourmets noted the amazing taste and attributed this variety of currants to the dessert varieties. The taste is pronounced and clear. Powerful and delicate scent. The components of the berries are: fourteen point and four tenths of a percent of dry components, two point seven tenths of a percent of acidity titrated. One hundred grams of currant fruit contains thirty-seven point and five-tenths of a milligram of vitamin C.
Advantages of the currant variety Uralskaya krasavitsa
Currant Ural beauty photo
The advantages of the red currant Ural beauty are amazing. Summer residents fell in love with this variety due to the huge list of currant advantages:
- the ability to transport fruits over long distances; excellent storage of berries.
- high level of resistance to cold (withstands up to minus thirty degrees).
- a large amount of harvest (usually ten kilograms of berries are harvested from each bush, and eleven point seven tenths of tons are harvested from one hectare).
- high level of resistance to parasites and diseases (for example, powdery mildew)
- bears fruit for up to twenty years.
It is recommended to grow red smore shrubs outdoors with sufficient sunlight. It is worth buying a garden and vegetable garden in a specialized store or making your own shelter from strong and cold winds, but you should not install it around the plant, but only on one side.
Another red currant variety Uralskaya krasavitsa takes root more quickly on new soil than other varieties of currant. Currant has a high level of resistance to adverse weather conditions, because of this, its thickets are grown in areas with sharp weather changes.
Disadvantages of currants Ural beauty
It is worth mentioning the disadvantages of the Uralskaya krasavitsa red currant variety.Like all herbaceous crops, it also has disadvantages. First of all, summer residents do not welcome her low percentage of self-fertility, which is sixty-one and one-tenth of a percent. Of course, for growing in a summer cottage or suburban area, this is quite enough for yourself, but not for sale. In industrial terms, it is worth planting a large number of currant bushes at once. Despite its high level of resistance to various parasites and diseases, the plant is often attacked by aphids. We advise you to regularly carry out prophylaxis with hot water to get rid of this insect.
Specifics and instructions for growing and care
For planting currants, the Ural beauty most often selects seedlings that live for one year, because they exclusively take root in the soil with a special speed and bring an amazing harvest the next season. Sometimes it is necessary to change the place of growth of an adult shrub, for example, if the original growing area was unfavorable. The planting time is the spring season, because in the autumn season this species does not always take root.
The instructions for caring for a variety of red currants of the "Ural beauty" variety implies the basic actions that a herbaceous culture needs to maintain life and beautiful appearance:
- Pruning is required at least once a year to form crop-bearing shoots.
- Timely soil moisture. Sometimes it is one to three times in seven days, watch the season and the level of moisture in the soil, as well as the amount of precipitation. The main thing is not to allow the formation of a dry crust on the upper layer of the earth.
- It is extremely rare that red currants of the "Ural beauty" variety are attacked by moths, sawflies, and spider mites. If they are found on a given plant, immediately take measures to get rid of insects. Purchase chemicals or make them according to folk recipes. Immediately spray the plants with the solution to stop the transmission of infection. We advise you to purchase fungicidal preparations.
Instead of a procedure for curing shrubs, it is worth carrying out preventive procedures. When spraying the plant with hot water, parasites will die, as will some diseases.
- Twice in thirty days, it is advised to carry out a procedure for loosening the soil throughout the entire growing area of the plant. This will allow oxygen to enter the soil to the root system.
- Arrange fertilization only for plants two years of age or older. This will help to increase the number of ovaries and soil mass. In the summer season, it is possible to use mineral dressing only with slow growth or small fruit size. In the fall season, fertilizer is used to maintain and gain energy after fruit bearing.
Obtaining and processing of fruits
The harvest of the Uralskaya krasavitsa red currant variety is obtained after the fruits are fully ripe. However, when growing currants for sale, it is worth picking the harvest earlier. As mentioned above, the plant tastes great.
After receiving the fruits, they can be stored for an extended period. The plant perfectly tolerates transportation over long distances.
Red currant varieties Ural beauty: reviews of gardeners
Next, you can read the reviews of summer residents about the red currant Ural beauty:
“I bought a red currant sapling of the Uralskaya krasavitsa variety on the Internet. At first, I did not pin any hopes, I expected that it would not take root, however, to my surprise, this happened very quickly immediately after planting in the spring. Foliage was formed very quickly. Now these are my favorite berries to taste.
“The most beloved bushes with berries, delicious, juicy and beautiful. My daughter and I love to cook jams and compotes from currant fruits of the "Ural beauty" variety.But without processing, I do not like them very much, I am not a fan of sour taste, but my wife likes it. "
“At the age of two, I managed to collect the first berries of the Uralskaya krasavitsa currant variety. I want to say that they are more sour with a sweetish aftertaste, and not sweet with a sourish aftertaste. Perfect with sweet tea. I recommend"
Currant Ural beauty: video about the variety