Black currant Saratov large-fruited
Black currant Saratov large-fruited is a medium-ripening variety. It was obtained by crossing the Rtischevskaya and Seedlings of the Golubka at a scientific station dedicated to gardening. The author is considered E. Olkhina.
In 1994, the Saratov large-fruited currant variety was included in the state register.
Black currant Saratov large-fruited: variety description
The bush of the currant variety Saratov large-fruited reaches small sizes, the branches are located at a close distance, forming a dense, slightly spreading crown. The growing shoot is of medium thickness, even, smooth, green-brown in color. The lignified shoot is smooth, thick, brown-gray. The leaves are pubescent, medium-sized, emerald in color. The leaf plate is dull, with large veins and folds along which the leaf is bent. The central lobe is slightly longer than the rest. The basal lobe is poorly developed. There are teeth along the edges of the sheet.
The flowers of the Saratov large-fruited currant variety are small, the petals are pink-white, they lie quite tightly in relation to each other. Brush with berries of medium length, up to 9 centimeters. The berries are evenly spaced.
Black currant Saratov large-fruited: description of berries
The fruits of the black currant variety Saratovskaya large-fruited are large in weight, about 2.4 grams. The skin is smooth, even, shiny, black. The stalks are long, thick, light green in color. Berries are filled with a large number of useful microelements: p-active substances, vitamin C, titratable acids, pectin, natural sugars.
Positive and negative properties
Advantages of black currant varieties Saratov large-fruited:
- The variety is frost-resistant, the bush can withstand temperatures up to -28 degrees. At lower temperatures, it is recommended to cover the crop to avoid frostbite.
- Average yield level. 7.4 tons of fruits are harvested from one hectare.
- Resistant to fungal diseases such as powdery mildew.
- Resistant to the scorching sun and prolonged drought.
Disadvantages of black currant varieties Saratov large-fruited:
- Can be attacked by spider mites. To protect the bush, it is necessary to carry out preventive treatments, thus, the currants will be protected from pests. Bordeaux liquid in low concentrations can be used as a treatment drug.