Strawberry Festivalnaya: description, photo, reviews
This article presents Festivalnaya strawberries: a description of the fruitful variety, growing rules, reviews of gardeners.
Each strawberry variety is special, and any gardener who has been fond of growing this amazing berry for many years knows that only with the right care can a good harvest be reaped.
Breeders regularly develop the latest varieties of garden strawberries, but many experienced gardeners are in no hurry to get rid of their favorite varieties. The Festival strawberry variety is such a familiar and beloved one. Its peculiarity is in a fragrant and amazingly tasty berry.
Festivalnaya strawberry: variety description and characteristics
Strawberry Festivalnaya: photo of the variety
- The Festivalnaya variety of garden strawberries has become popular outside the borders of our country. The festival strawberries were bred by selection professionals from the city of Petropavlovsk (northern part of Kazakhstan) back in Soviet times (head - Yu.K. Katinskaya).
- This is a mid-season variety, so the first berries appear at the end of the first summer month. The hot summer sun will have time to touch the berries and give them a special taste and aroma. Despite the high growth of the bushes, dense and large leaves do not block the berries from the rays of the sun, because the berries on thick and strong peduncles are mainly in the lower parts of the bushes (and can often be on the ground due to their large number).
- Festivalnaya strawberry flowers can reach large sizes, white with bright yellow centers. Festivalnaya is successfully grown in the open field, in a greenhouse or greenhouse.
- The berries are oval, elongated in shape. On short, well-developed necks, the stalks open easily. The weight of the first berries can reach up to 40 g, the weight of the later ones is much less.
- The color of Festivalnaya strawberries is red-scarlet, glossy, with dark seeds on the surface, with a delicate and at the same time dense pulp (a big plus for transportation). Harvesting never hurts such a berry, it stays dry and clean.
- The taste of the Festival strawberry is very delicate and unobtrusive, and at the same time fragrant and very tasty.
This variety is characterized by the presence of a large amount of sugars, but at the same time there is a slight sourness.
- The Festivalnaya variety of garden strawberries is not remontant, but the duration of fruiting will delight many gardeners. But the housewives will be pleased with the versatility in the use of this variety. It is good both fresh, in preserves and jams, preserved and frozen.
- This variety is simply intended for Central Russia, the North, Siberia, the Urals, due to its frost resistance (in very frosty winters, good shelters are needed from freezing). For the southern regions, Festivalnaya garden strawberry is not very recommended because of the very hot summer.
It should be borne in mind that the Festivalnaya strawberry variety is susceptible to diseases due to verticillary soil contamination.
Garden strawberry Festivalnaya: rules for growing varieties
Strawberry Festivalnaya: photo of the variety
The Festivalania garden strawberry variety is very demanding for watering, especially at the time of growth and formation of the peduncle. If the amount of moisture is insufficient, then the plant may stop developing, which, of course, will affect the harvest, including the next season.
By and large, Festivalnaya strawberry is unpretentious to the soil, and even the shady side will not affect the yield. Some gardeners specifically plant it in the shade of young trees and garden shrubs.This has its own meaning, since in this case the earth will be saturated with moisture longer, which will have a positive effect on the laying of peduncles. Minutes of shady planting will be obvious in the event of a rainy summer (high humidity and a minimum of sun will work on the development of powdery mildew). And here, unfortunately, one cannot do without a fungicidal preparation.
Today, gardeners are increasingly dispensing with chemical fertilizing, preferring organic and folk remedies. Strawberries are fed, as a rule, 3 times per season during the periods: the formation of flowers, the formation of fruits and autumn preparation for winter. "Festivalnaya" gratefully responds to any top dressing chosen by the gardener.
Loosening of the soil and treatment from harmful insects are also necessary. Chemical treatment from pests can be easily replaced by planting onions, garlic, marigolds next to strawberry bushes.
It is necessary to propagate strawberries every year. For these purposes, use any different options. But the best of them is tendrils from mother plants. If you root them on summer days, then the next season you will get a good Festival harvest. Mustache propagation is much simpler than seed propagation, so many gardeners recommend it.
It should be remembered that Festival strawberries bear fruit in a very short time, so it is better to combine them with varieties of different ripening periods. Then it will be possible to enjoy a ripe favorite berry for a longer time.
Strawberry Festivalnaya: reviews of gardeners
Alexey, 55 years old, Barybino: “From my long-term hobby - growing a garden dugout, I get great pleasure. The very first variety that I planted is the Festivalnaya garden strawberry, and I still have it flaunting along with other varieties selected by me and my wife. The festival was loved by both my children and grandchildren. I try to instill in them my gardening experience ”.
Margarita, 38 years old, Novosibirsk: “Our grandmother planted our Festival strawberries more than three decades ago. We transplant it every year, multiply it, and thus it lives with us for so long. I gave it to neighbors in the garden, everyone really likes this variety. And even more so for my children! "
Vladimir Gennadievich, 31 years old, Novgorod
I got acquainted with the Festivalnaya strawberry variety about a couple of years ago. I bought the seedlings. I like the berry - juicy, large. In the second year, the berries were smaller, but the taste is what you need! One bush barks 500-600 grams. Very satisfied!
Strawberry Festivalnaya: photo