Clematis violet: description of varieties, planting and care
Clematis violet came from the Buttercup family, became known in the eighteenth century in the Russian Empire. Sighted in such parts of the Earth as the south of Russia, on the territory of Georgia, Iran and in Asia Minor.
Clematis purple description and characteristics
There are many features in the characteristics of clematis, it is very diverse and differs from other types of clematis in its kind:
- You can meet clematis on the mountains or hills, on inclined surfaces, close to shrubs or densely growing grasses, thus it grabs the petals of other crops and pulls towards the sun;
- It grows up to five meters in size;
- Its stem, in comparison with others, is thin and covered with villi;
- The petals are rough, grow six or seven petals aligned with each other, on the stem, in appearance, the petal is an elongated circle, but also when combined between herbs, a different shape may turn out;
- The size of the leaves is also varied from one and a half to five centimeters;
- The size of the stalk on which the flowers are located is about ten centimeters;
- The flowers of this clematis range in color from fuchsia to plum;
- The parameters of the grains reach up to eight millimeters.
Clematis violet ripens in the summer, there are cases that its flowering can be seen in early autumn. The characteristics of clematis can be varied, and have many differences with other plants of the kind of Buttercup. Clematis can also vary in length, color of buds, appearance of petals.
The size of such a plant is not large, the parameter of the inflorescences is about eight centimeters, the composition of the cut is the first. In appearance, we can say that the leaves of clematis are too oval when distinguished from other types of the family. The color of the buds is dominated by purple, plum. The size reaches about three meters up. It begins to ripen in mid or late autumn.
This species is known for its huge plant buds, grows up to four meters up. It tolerates the cold months of winter to minus twenty degrees, the composition of the cut is the third, that is, "strong". The color of the buds of the plant is plum.
Such clematis became known in England at the end of the twentieth century. It is included in the second composition of the cut. In length, the growth reaches three and a half meters, the buds are huge, the petals grow from the heart of the flower are attached to each other. The color of the bud is soft pink, the petals are rough. The inflorescence time of this clematis is at the beginning of summer, and then at the end of summer.
This type of clematis tolerates winter frosty time. The size of this type of clematis reaches about five meters. The petals are about five centimeters in size, and the clematis buds reach up to fifteen centimeters. The color of the buds may change, it may be snow-white, or it may be plum.
Clematis purple cultivation and care
Agronomists recommend for the full and quick disclosure of clematis flowers, it is necessary to observe some criteria under which clematis will look gorgeous:
- It is necessary to grow clematis in a sunny area and without wind, since it is a thermophilic plant.
- You also need to constantly feed the soil with fertilizer, you need to water and loosen the soil. Loam will do.
- Important! It is forbidden to plant clematis in oxidized or salty soil. In such a land, clematis will grow for a very long time, it will always be sluggish, painful, the inflorescence will be very slow, or it may not be at all.
The planting season for clematis purple is in April or September, in April the land must always be ready for planting, otherwise the plant will not take root and die. And when planting purple clematis in September, the land is cultivated one month before planting the shoot.
Correct planting sequence:
- To clear the area of weeds, saturate the soil with useful fertilizers, water, loosen.
- Dig a groove in the form of a square with parameters - all sides are sixty centimeters.
- First of all, you need to clean and dry the roots, then let them stand for fifty minutes in water mixed with a special preparation to increase the volume of the roots.
- With the first layer of ten or fifteen centimeters, fill the groove with a drainage system, also put one liter of fertilizer and coal.
- In conclusion, fill in with useful substances, vitamins up to one hundred grams.
In the corners of the ditch, pegs are installed for mounting the fence. A small tubercle is dripping into the soil ten or fifteen centimeters from the delhi in height, then clematis is placed, the roots of which are scattered to the sides, then everything is covered with earth and fertilized. Finally, it is necessary to moisten the soil.
Most of the plants of this variety do not need constant earthing up of the soil, they are not picky about care. Sometimes, when the area on which clematis grows is already covered in weed grass, it is worth cleaning up, walking with a rake or a hoe along the ridge in order to stir up the roots and give the soil air.
Such a plant is whimsical to moisture, so you need to constantly water the soil, and if you do not do this, then the buds will be dry, small and not fully blossomed, and somewhere they will disappear altogether. Clematis violet, which is older, is moistened with two buckets of water, and only one bucket is enough for planted clematis, such moistening must be repeated every other day. Watering should always be carried out only with warm water, otherwise clematis will not survive and die.
In order for clematis purple to grow, bloom, groin, it must be constantly fertilized. Without fertilizers, the buds will also be small and in some places they will completely disappear. The ideal feeding option is from April to August, once a month; in September it is not necessary to fertilize the soil.
Most gardeners and gardeners recommend purple clematis as a decorative element for the site, planting on the walls of verandas, houses, gazebos, gates, in such places clematis looks very beautiful and gives some zest to the site. Moreover, purple clematis grows upward and does not grow around the entire perimeter of the site.
This plant variety does not quite tolerate the cold winter time, therefore, all gardeners, gardeners, summer residents insulate the plant in the fall, otherwise it will be able to live up to a temperature of minus twenty, and then die. Therefore, this clematis should not be grown in northern Europe. Let's talk about the complete transition and insulation for the winter, even to the most severe frosts, clematis. Important! Never insulate the roots of clematis with a film cloth, otherwise the roots will mate and the plant will die.
In order for clematis to endure the winter period calmly, it must be prepared for this:
- Autumn, when leaf fall begins, all the plants change color, clematis also releases its petals, when everything falls off, you need to process the stems. The stems closer to the soil are covered with special solutions for strengthening, for example, bard's solution.
- The roots of purple clematis should be covered with grass, humus, as well as straw, sawdust.
- Important! Do not forget to remove all layers from the root system of purple clematis before the beginning of spring.
VIRUSES AND RODENTS
This plant, like any other, can also get sick, and also die from other rodents. For example:
- Hemiptera insects - These rodents know which plant they need in dry and sunny weather.Such pests literally capture the clematis variety, dig in and suck out all the moisture from the plant.
- Fungal disease is a big nuisance, the distributors of such a disease live in the ground, under the roots, usually after the winter flood.
- Rust of a plant is a dangerous disease that instantly multiplies throughout the plant, symptoms are expressed in the form of spots of a reddish hue, due to which the appearance of the leaves changes.
These viruses appear only when there is no care for clematis, or improper care. Well, if all the procedures were carried out correctly, then no viruses are afraid of purple clematis.
COMPOSITIONS OF CUTTING PLANTS
Agronomists caring for their plants divide the clematis variety by cut into three compositions:
- The first composition is the type of clematis for which there is no need to cut the stems.
- The second composition is a type of clematis in which last year's petals are cut off at the first inflorescence, and in the fall the stems of the current season are cut off.
- The third composition - this type of clematis is like this, or it is cut off in total, or the stem is left fifteen or twenty centimeters from the soil. Also, this composition includes plants that themselves dry up and die. These are not necessary for cutting, they are taken out of the ground by hand, I do not use any special tools.
I must say that the early shoots of the plant must be cut off completely in the autumn. This process is necessary for the complete adaptation of clematis purple both in winter and in the subsequent period, and also after transferring all this, it will begin to grow and bloom even faster and more.
Clematis purple reviews
Comments on Clematis Violet are always positive. Most of all agronomists, gardeners, gardeners and summer residents admire its aesthetic appearance, superiority and elegance of buds, long-term inflorescence, almost the entire summer season, as well as its not picky courtship. But there are also disadvantages, not all varieties of such a plant can be grown in the northern regions, not everyone will be able to withstand severe frost. Such a plant loves warmth, sun rays.
Most summer residents or landscape designers choose purple clematis as a decor, this type of plant brings some zest to the site, stands out against the background of other plants. More often it is used for the porch of a private house, clematis serves as a kind of curtain, also curls on gazebos, can be planted in hanging woven pots, clematis will cling to the porch columns and curl along them, thus decorating the house itself, and will look like part of a greenhouse. The most important thing is that such a plant does not need to be thoroughly looked after, so most gardeners choose it.