Clematis Alenushka: description, care, reviews
Clematis Alenushka is decorative, most often it is grown by summer residents in their greenhouses. For proper cultivation, it is necessary to study its characteristics and planting criteria.
Clematis Alyonushka: characteristics
Clematis Alenushka: photo of the variety
Clematis of the Alyonushka variety has been growing for many years, it looks like a shrub with buds, looks like a liana, and when growing it is necessary to put a support from one and a half to two meters in size, the stems are thin and elastic. The plant has unusual and unpretentious leaves.
The zest of the plant is flowers, bells about seven centimeters in size. The buds are lowered, the inflorescence occurs in early summer, the color of the buds is gentle lilac. Such clematis ripens during the entire summer season until autumn.
More often, clematis is chosen for decorating a summer cottage. Gardeners decorate gazebos, verandas, porches near houses with a plant. Also, walls are decorated in gardens, they are simply grown for beauty, but you always need to put a support, otherwise the plant will fall and grow on the ground.
Plant cut group number
All clematis are divided into three cuttings. The plant is included in the third composition of the cut:
- The buds grow directly on young fresh plants, last year's twigs do not bloom.
- The plant is cut every end of the season to keep the plant beautiful, cut off last year's branches.
In most cases, branches are cut in April, leaving branches with three buds. You can also leave those buds that did not bloom last season.
Clematis Alenushka: growing
Clematis Alenushka was created in one thousand nine hundred and sixties, Crimea became the city of the founder. The most important advantage of the plant was the transfer of frost to low temperatures. Such a plant can be safely grown in weather conditions with frosts down to minus thirty degrees.
Location doesn't matter, sunlight doesn't matter that much to cultivation because clematis can easily grow in the shade. In the cultivation of this clematis, it is only important to track moisture, both during drought and with an excess of water in the soil.
Advice! Clematis Alenushka can be safely grown in all cities of the Earth, the plant tolerates both heat and frost.
Clematis Alenushka: planting and care
In care, such a plant is not picky, it is also indifferent to the soil. But this does not mean that you can just plant a plant and throw it. When growing, you also need to know some criteria.
If clematis Alenushka can grow anywhere, this does not mean that there are no conditions for growing and selecting soil:
- This clematis grows under light, it can also be grown in the shade, where there is practically no sunlight.
- It is necessary to monitor soil moisture, and if groundwater is present, then drainage needs to be arranged during planting. The plant loves small mounds.
- The Alyonushka variety, large in growth, does not tolerate the wind, even if there is a support. Thus, the growing area must be protected from the wind.
- The Alyonushka variety is planted near fences, gates, gates or near buildings. A plant is also planted with a distance of thirty centimeters from the wall. Another condition will be protection from water drainage, if clematis is grown near the wall of the house, then there must be a drain.
Growing times are suitable in April, May as well as September or late August.The parameters of the groove where the clematis will be planted should be equal to sixty centimeters, all sides. The first layer should be a drainage system of fifteen centimeters, for this you can use stones, rubble or old crumbled bricks.
It is necessary to grow the plant on slightly alkaline soil, and it must also be saturated with minerals. Also, if the soil is not quite suitable for the variety, it is fed with fertilizers, manure, peat, watered with lime, and you can also sprinkle it with charcoal.
I must say that you can bring to order any soil for growing the Alyonushka variety. The main thing is to do it correctly and take care of her in the future.
This plant can be grown even on ridges in the ground in an open space. But before planting, the root system of clematis should be processed and soaked in water in order to accelerate their development.
The root system is cleaned, but it is also recommended to plant the seedling with the remains of the earth. In order not to damage the roots of clematis, you need to remove the earth very carefully.
In the spring and autumn, the clematis planting sequence is the same:
- In the dug hole, a support is placed in the middle, this is done for the tall stems of the plant. Next, the hole is filled with soaked earth to the middle, the embankment should be just below the surface of the earth, a small tubercle.
- Very carefully, the bush is placed on a mound in the ridge, the root system should be conveniently located for itself. Then everything is covered with earth.
- It is necessary to immediately moisten the soil of the plant, as well as insulate the root system of clematis with hay or dry foliage.
Attention! Clematis Alyonushka needs to be planted deep into the hole, since the plant prefers a deepening of about eight centimeters. The hole cannot be filled up until the tree bark appears on the stems of clematis, only after that can the ridge be completely filled.
This liana does not like a large amount of water, but at the same time it cannot live without moisture, so the soil should be moistened daily, or immediately water ten twenty liters at a time, in case of severe drought, moisten the soil up to twice a week.
Advice! Moistening the soil of clematis Alyonushka is a rather complicated process, you need to be extremely careful. Water only around the edges, but in no case flood the center.
It is necessary to nourish the soil of the plant regularly only with natural organic matter, clematis will respond in kind when it blooms and blooms. Thus, useful substances are added after a hole is dug for planting, such an impregnation for the plant will be enough for a whole year. Also, clematis can be fertilized three or four times a season, first organic matter, and then minerals.
Once a season, the soil is covered with dry foliage, hay, dry grass, this is done so that the clematis soil does not overgrow with weeds, so that there is no stagnation of water in the soil.
It is also necessary to huddle the earth, it depends on how and what the earth will breathe. Loosening is done once a season, removing the insulated layer of herbs from the roots of clematis, along with the process of soil restoration.
The whole-leaved clematis Alyonushka has long stems stretching upward, so a support must be placed when planting. But this support is not enough, the plant must be tied to the places where it is located, for example, near the fence, near the gazebo, near the walls of the building. Clematis grows well enough, so it is necessary to monitor the location of the stems, where to tie or lay them, this is done more than once during the summer.
Important! If, nevertheless, you do not make a support, then clematis will simply not simply drag along the ground, but most agronomists do not specifically support it.
Clematis Alenushka: photo of the variety
Clematis Alenushka grows quickly, and its stems need to be cut to make it easy for the plant.As mentioned above, the clematis variety is in the third cut group, which means that the buds grow only on fresh young shoots.
At the end of August or at the beginning of September, clematis is cut very shortly, I leave two or three buds on the seedling, so the bush does not fall to the ground. After all the shoots are cut off, the plant can safely endure winter frosts, and give beauty to the next period of flowering buds.
The plant has an active superiority not only in its beauty, but also in the tolerance of winter frosts. Such a plant can be grown even in all cold regions of the country, along with all this, you do not need to seriously approach the preparation for the winter period.
Clematis Alyonushka does not freeze in winter, because all the stems are cut at ground level. You can also mulch the soil, cover it with an insulating layer of dry leaves, grass, humus is also suitable. Thus, the soil will be saturated, as well as warm throughout the winter.
Clematis Alenushka: reproduction
Most agronomists propagate this plant in different ways, for example, grain, branches, and also twigs.
The sequence of increasing clematis Alyonushka using grains:
- Perennial shoots give grains in one and a half two months, which are planted later closer to the middle of winter.
- First of all, the grains need to be kept in water, soaked, but it is necessary to replace the water after four or five days.
- Then the soil is prepared, nutrients are added.
- Containers in which clematis grains have already been planted are placed in a warm place at least twenty-five degrees, covering the container with a film.
You always need to monitor the soil, and water it in case of drought, also so that the grains do not fog up under the film or glass, I wipe them or change them to new ones. When the first shoots appear, it is necessary to put the container in a well-lit place, but it is not advisable to put it in direct sunlight.
As soon as leaves appear on the shoots, you can transplant clematis into a larger container, you can leave it for two or three years. In the south, seedlings are immediately planted in the soil, but in greenhouses. As soon as two or three years have passed, the seedlings can be transplanted to the place where they will grow in the standard way.
Attention! If you want your plant to grow beautiful and attractive, you need to cut off old leaves and shoots while growing it, as well as watch the roots.
From the grain method of reproduction, the plant does not come out too natural and it is so high-quality and strong. Most often, the branches are cut and placed in water, this option preserves all the beautiful plants.
- The branches are cut from the plant at an angle of forty-five degrees.
- Next, water with peat is diluted in a glass and branches are processed for the growth of the root system.
- Then the soaked twigs are placed in the soil one centimeter, at the end the twigs are moistened, as well as the soil.
In order for the plant to grow well, you need to provide clematis with good grooming, namely watering, protection from the winds and a sufficiently good oxygen transmission. Thus, the container is covered with a film, and it is removed as necessary. You also need to take into account the warmth of the room, in degrees it should exceed eighteen degrees.
The whole-leaved clematis Alyonushka gets used to the soil, usually up to two months. The plant is then transplanted into open beds or large containers. In the northern regions, the Alyonushka variety is planted indoors for two to three years, for a sufficiently good compaction of the plant.
There is also another breeding option - layering. Installation sequence:
- With the main shoots, the plants make grooves ranging in size from ten centimeters in depth.
- Twigs that have survived frosts are placed in the grooves, filled with soil and reinforced with staples so that the twigs do not move away.
- Some of the branches should stick out from under the grooves, when leaves appear, they are cut off so that clematis develops faster.
During the season, the soil during reproduction must be regularly moistened. By the beginning of autumn, the first roots should appear, agronomists advise leaving the shoots with the main bush in the winter. After wintering, you can safely transplant shoots to a new growing site.
Diseases and pests
Clematis Alenushka: photo of the variety
Like all clematis, the Alyonushka variety can also be damaged by viruses, the most common diseases are:
- Rust is the most common virus, fungus. Symptoms are rusty specks covering the leaves of the plant.
- Gray rot is a fungal disease, symptoms are the covering of leaves with brown spots.
- Powdery mildew - such a disease looks like this, covers the leaves of the plant with a white bloom, later clematis does not grow and dies.
Like all plants, clematis whole-leafed Alyonushka is treated with fungicidin and antiseptic, or rather solutions. So that the plant does not undergo diseases, it must be sprinkled for prevention, when it is necessary to cut off the shoots, it is also necessary to check the ground of the plant.
The most harmful insect for a plant is a nematode, which infects from the root system, and the plant dies. A spider mite also attacks, enveloping the entire plant with its cobwebs. Aphids are a common harmful insect that spoils the leaves of a plant.
The plant is treated with special mixtures. There are also places on clematis that can only be cut off. Once a summer, the plant is examined and sprayed for prophylaxis.
The plant variety Alyonushka is a gorgeous shrub with very beautiful buds. There is practically no need to look after, it endures all weather conditions from heat to frost. Participates in the design of the suburban area.
Clematis Alenushka: reviews of the whole-leafed variety
Popova Elena Sergeevna, 51 years old, Lipetsk
Alyonushka has been familiar with the variety for a long time, already for five years. Clematis Alenushka does not require significant maintenance, is not squeamish about the soil and weather conditions. It is only necessary to constantly monitor the soil and moisten. My greenhouse began to look even more beautiful with clematis of the Alyonushka variety.
Petrova Evgeniya Nikolaevna, 44 years old, Zheleznogorsk city
My whole-leaved clematis Alyonushka grows near the house, near the fence, I have known the plant for a long time, up to seven years, in each flowering period clematis decorates my site, transforms it. Flowering occurs until early September. I prepare clematis for the winter period, and he calmly transfers it. in care, I just water it, warm it and nourish it. I prepare humus in a compost pit. I am delighted with such a plant! Clematis Alyonushka blooms in my summer cottage, decorating and pleasing the eye not only to me, but also to my children, grandchildren, and also neighbors.