To date, breeders have discovered a sufficient number of high varieties, thus, gardeners' eyes run wide, they cannot decide on the choice of crops. In such a list is the Chizhovskaya pear variety. Pear Chizhovskaya is a fairly well-known variety, and its name is a large number of advantages.
Pear Chizhovskaya: variety description and characteristics
Pear Chizhovskaya: photo of the variety
The Chizhovskaya pear variety was obtained from two varieties Lesnaya Krasavitsa and Olga. Such a variety was discovered at the K.A. Timiryazev, in Moscow. Scientists who received the Chizhovskaya pear variety: S.P. Potapov and S.T. Chizhova.
The largest tree of the Chizhovskaya pear tree is small, reaching sizes from one hundred and eighty to two hundred and fifty centimeters. When the Chizhovskaya pear tree is still small, it looks like a narrowed shape. With age, the tree will take on the shape of a trapezoid. The color of the bark is dark grayish.
The branches are slightly curly, in some places are rounded, wine-colored with the addition of brown. The foliage is elongated, small in size, ribbed along the edges. Green leaves in color. The plate is slightly curved, with veins, smooth, glossy. Kidneys are ovoid, dark brown in color. Inflorescence in the form of bowls, snow-white color.
Fruits of the exact regular shape of a pear, by weight from one hundred and fifty to one hundred and eighty grams. The peel of the Chizhovskaya pear is thin, even, slightly rough, dense. The color becomes yellowish with green, with a slight blush of reddish color on one side of the fruit. There are many dark spots under the skin of the fruit. Seeds are brown in color, one fruit can hold from five to ten seeds.
The contents inside are white, and also sometimes pastel yellow, the fruit is not quite juicy, give two and a half points out of five. The pear is not very sweet to taste, with a sour aftertaste. The composition of the Chizhovskaya pear fruit: dry elements - from sixteen and a half percent, soluble substances - from thirteen percent, sugar - from nine percent, acids from forty-five hundredths of a percent. The fruit gets four point two points out of five to taste.
The Chizhovskaya pear begins to bear fruit after three or four years from planting. The fruits are not overripe.
Attention! Grusha Chizhovskaya calmly tolerates the cold, but also competes with the Lada variety.
We can say that the Chizhovskaya pear variety calmly tolerates fungal diseases, for example, scab, which affects most horticultural crops. This is a certain feature of this variety. but there is also a minus, the pear is not drought resistant. Therefore, in the hot summer season, the plant needs regular care.
Pear Chizhovskaya: advantages and disadvantages
Pear Chizhovskaya: video about the variety
Pluses of Chizhovskaya pear:
- Rapid fruit ripeness;
- Large amount of harvest;
- Frost resistance of Chizhovskaya pear;
- In appearance - a beautiful fruit;
- High palatability;
- Tolerance to fungal diseases;
- A small amount of fruit falls from the tree;
- The fruit is stable during transportation without losing its presentation.
But with the pluses of the Chizhovskaya pear variety, there are also disadvantages: the fruits become smaller due to the fact that the tree is aging. When the tree is fifteen years old, the weight of the fruit will be from seventy to eighty grams. And a young tree has a fruit weight of one hundred and fifty to one hundred and eighty grams. Do you feel the difference? This can be justified by the fact that an adult tree lacks nutrition and minerals.If you feed a mature tree, then this will somehow improve the situation, but very little. There will be no big changes, since the Chizhovskaya pear tree is already in adulthood.
In addition, the Chizhovskaya pear variety is not resistant to drought, especially when it was just planted, when the roots are developing in the soil. Thus, experts advise to moisten the soil abundantly, but at the same time not to disturb the Chizhovskaya pear tree itself, as well as the leaves.
Pear Chizhovskaya: planting varieties
Pear Chizhovskaya: photo of the variety
The soil for the Chizhovskaya pear should be slightly sour. Planting time is spring or autumn. Distributed in many territories.
Attention! In the north or in the middle lane, the Chizhovskaya pear variety should be planted in the spring. Chizhovskaya pear seedlings can be of various kinds, even from undersized ones.
A site for planting pears of the Chizhovskaya variety should be selected and prepared in the autumn. Therefore, it is worth doing the following:
- We make a hole in size from one hundred centimeters in depth, the length and width can be from sixty centimeters.
- Next, you need to add nutrients, crushed stone and manure to the excavated soil. You should also add sulfate - two hundred grams and potassium - a third of the glass.
- If the soil is much acidic, add a lime mortar to it.
- Fill the hole with nutritious soil, moisten with two buckets of water.
As soon as winter is over, you can start planting a crop. This should be done until the kidneys open. The bush for planting should be between one and two years old.
Attention! The date of planting the Chizhovskaya pear may vary, since the climate in the regions is different, therefore, in the northern and middle latitudes, planting can be from the end of March to the end of May. It is important that the soil is warmed up from ten to fifteen centimeters deep.
- The first step is to cut dry shoots from the bush. Next, put the Chizhovskaya pear seedling in the hole, distribute the roots so that the culture is comfortable.
- The neck of the roots should be on the surface seven or ten centimeters from the soil. We fill the hole with soil, moisten with water in the amount of twenty liters.
- The hole must be filled with the rest of the earth and tamped.
- Then we moisten the soil in the same way, also with twenty liters of water.
In the south, the Chizhovskaya pear is planted in the fall. This can be done from mid to late fall. You don't have to dig a hole in advance. All this is done at once, the dimensions can be used as in spring, also one hundred centimeters in depth, length and width of sixty centimeters. The first layer is to make compost and charcoal. Then the planting of the autumn Chizhovskaya pear is carried out in the same way as mentioned above.
Pear Chizhovskaya: cultivar pollinators
Fruiting in the Chizhovskaya pear variety is independent. In the neighborhood, there is no need to plant other pollinating crops for the Chizhovskaya pear. But if you want a huge harvest, then you can plant a couple of varieties. The distance between the seedlings of the Chizhovskaya pear should be from three to four meters.
Pear Chizhovskaya: leaving
Pear Chizhovskaya: photo of the variety
The Chizhovskaya pear variety is not resistant to drought; for comfort, the culture needs regular moisture. After planting, the bush is moistened once a week. Then the Chizhovskaya pear tree is watered three to four times per season.
Attention! During the period of the year, the plant needs two to three buckets of water if the season passes without rain.
In order for a huge harvest at the end of the season, the Chizhovskaya pear variety must be fed. Groundbait sequence:
- First, you need to feed the variety when the inflorescence period is on. At the moment, the culture needs nitrogen. To prepare the mixture, you need to mix the saltpeter with water. Pour the fertilizer into the trunk circle. Instead, carbamide is added, also mixed with water. The volume is designed for one tree.
- Then they feed with nitroamophos, one kilogram of fertilizer for two hundred liters of water. There should be up to three buckets per tree.
- Then they feed at the beginning of summer, also with nitrogen. Everything happens as in the spring.
- After summer, it is necessary to prepare the variety for wintering, thus fertilizers such as superphosphate and potassium must be added to the soil. Pour the fertilizer into the ditch around the tree.
Pear pruning Chizhovskaya
Chizhovskaya pear pruning is also considered an important procedure. This is done so that the crown of the tree develops correctly, and so that there is no density in the crown, so that sunlight reaches all the shoots with foliage. This procedure is performed in the spring or autumn seasons.
Attention! In the summer season, do not cut off the shoots in any way, since it is at this time that the varieties are filled with useful nutrients. In the winter season, branches cannot be cut either, otherwise the injured places will not heal due to the cold, despite the frost resistance of the Chizhovskaya pear.
In the spring, you need to cut off the branches when the air temperature warms up to plus eight degrees. Cut branches growing parallel to the tree at a ninety degree angle, or bent towards the trunk. Materials: secateurs, knife, scissors.
In the autumn, a cut is made for preventive use, dry, damaged shoots are cut off. This must be done until a cold snap sets in.
Injured places are treated with garden pitch. In order to cook it, you need:
- Fifty grams of resin, two hundred and fifty grams of grease, two hundred grams of wax.
- Next, put the bowl on fire until a thick consistency.
Many breeders mistakenly cut branches from below, they think that fruits will not grow there. And the fruits do not appear because there is not enough light. You can add lighting by cutting off the density from the crown.
Attention! If you cut the branches properly, you can give light to the whole tree.
The transition to the winter season
The Chizhovskaya pear variety tolerates the winter season. But it is nevertheless necessary to insulate the culture. It is already necessary to prepare for winter from the middle of autumn. The circle around the trunk is covered with compost, then filled with soil. Such a layer will help to hide the roots from freezing in winter.
Diseases and pests of the pear Chizhovskaya
Diseases and how to deal with them
Diseases affecting the Chizhovskaya pear:
- Black cancer - fungal disease. Symptoms are stains on the tree trunk. The bark changes shape to bumpy. You can remove stains only with a knife. Treat the injury site with a solution of copper sulfate, as well as garden varnish.
- Fruit decay - fungus, appears due to a large amount of moisture. When fighting the disease, you can do only one thing, remove the fruits affected by the disease. Treat injured areas. Spray the foliage with a special solution with Bordeaux preparation.
- Rust - fungal disease. Brown specks appear on the leaves. When fighting, it is necessary to remove the affected leaves, burn. Sprinkle the Chizhovskaya pear tree after the inflorescence period. Treat with Bordeaux preparation.
Pests, insect protection
Insects affecting the Chizhovskaya pear variety:
- Hawthorn - attacks the variety. Symptoms - leaves curl and dry. When fighting, it is necessary to disinfect in the middle of summer with Aktellik. The procedure should take place twice a week.
- Goldtail - a butterfly spreading its eggs through trees. To protect the tree, it is worth treating the trunks, branches, leaves with a special agent - Aktara.
- Ringed silkworm - a butterfly that leaves its eggs on the branches. When fighting, it is necessary to remove all the nests. Treat with Endobacterin.
Pear yield Chizhovskaya
The Chizhovskaya pear variety is part of the medium ripeness. The crop can be harvested in late summer or early autumn, up to fifty kilograms of the crop can be harvested from one tree. The fruits hang firmly on the branches when they fall off, do not crack, and do not lose their attractive appearance.In order to collect the fruit, you need to clasp the fruit with your palm, press your fingers on the stalk. First of all, the fruit is removed from the bottom layer, rising to the top. It is possible to use a ladder.
Fruits are put into baskets or containers, then sorted. Fruits that can lay long after harvest should have a healthy stem. Further, the fruit is removed to a cold room, it can be a basement, a cellar, or just refrigeration chambers. The temperature for storing the fruits of the Chizhovskaya pear should be from zero to plus five degrees. room humidity from eighty-five to ninety percent. In such comfort, the fruits will be able to lie from sixty to one hundred and twenty days.
In use, fruits are standard, can be used both fresh and cooked. More often pear is added to salad, eaten fresh, compotes, jams, preserves are boiled.
Pear Chizhovskaya: reviews
Pear Chizhovskaya: video
Even a beginner can grow the Chizhovskaya pear variety. It can be planted even in the northern territories, since the frost resistance of the Chizhovskaya pear is high. Its advantage is its resistance to diseases and insects that infect the plant.
On our site we planted a one year old Chizhovskaya pear sapling. Formation of the variety was no problem. They planted it on a site where there is no draft, but with our climate there is no way without wind, but this did not affect the growth of the tree in any way. the harvest from the tree was large. The fruits of the pear variety Chizhovskaya are delicious, juicy!
On our tree, fruits grow in size from one hundred grams, yellowish in color. Overripe fruits lose their taste. In our country, fruiting occurred four years after planting. Chizhovskaya pear gives fruit annually.
Pear Chizhovskaya endures climatic conditions. We collect a large harvest. Only for this we take care of the tree, we make sure that it does not get sick.