Spruce Glauka Globoza
Spruce Glauka Globoza is a beautiful and suitable means for decorating a personal plot.
Spruce Glauka Globoza: variety description
Spruce Glauka Globoza is a blue spruce. This species was found in the forests of North America, and already in the middle of the nineteenth century it was brought to Russia. This species is distinguished by its compact size, due to which it does not shade other crops.
The prickly spruce variety Glauka Globoza was bred not so long ago. Its main difference is that it does not reach a great height, which is why it can be used almost everywhere.
The most notable qualities of Glauka Globoza spruce:
- Spruce Glauka Globoza is a dwarf species of spruce;
- Growth is not fast, if you do not cut the tree, then it will grow to a maximum of one hundred and fifty centimeters;
- Not demanding on the soil, it can grow almost anywhere;
- Young seedlings will need to be watered more thoroughly and protected from bright sunlight;
- The crown of the Glauka Globoza spruce grows in the form of a ball. If it is not formed and cut off, then it will grow in height, and the lower branches in different directions.
Also, when planting, you need to take into account the necessary space for good growth and development, it should be about one hundred and fifty centimeters in a circle.
Spruce Glauka Globoza in landscape design
When allocating space for a blue spruce, it is important to combine it with neighbors and style.
Initially, it is best to draw up a planting plan. When choosing a place, you need to take into account not the rapid growth of the spruce, the shape of its crown, the desired height and diameter of the lower branches. Before planting, you need to prepare the holes, apply the necessary fertilizers and finally, plant the seedlings.
The external shape of the spruce of the Glauka Globoza variety can be in the form:
- A low trunk with a rounded lush crown;
- The trunk is low, and the crown seems to be flattened;
- Tall trunk, small ball-shaped crown. Like a park lamp;
- You can give the shape of a hand-drawn Christmas tree, like in books.
The shape of the crown of the prickly spruce Glauka Globoza will take years to form, sometimes it can take five to six years. If the tree has accepted your version of the crown, then in the future you will only need to trim it.
Due to the fact that dwarf spruces noticeably acidify the soil, you need to select crops that will not be afraid of this. You can pick up some deciduous ornamental shrubs, for example:
The bright flowering of these crops will look great against the background of spruce needles.
If you want to plant fruit and berry crops, then you need to take a closer look at:
- Sea buckthorn;
Based on the fact that in the blue spruce Glauka Globoza, the root system does not particularly grow in the area, at the very beginning of its life, annual and perennial plants can be planted next to it.
Thorny spruce Glauka Globoza: planting and care
Although the blue spruce Glauka Globoza is a rather unpretentious, frost-resistant plant, in the first two or three years of life it will have to be looked after so that it can adapt normally.
- Watering should be regular, especially during the hot season. However, watering can be done in moderation, excessive moisture can cause rotting of the root system;
- It is necessary to loosen the soil in a timely manner so that oxygen gets to the root system;
- Remove various weeds regularly;
- If direct sunlight constantly falls on the tree, then you need to shade it, because it risks getting burns;
- The procedure for pruning Glauka Globoza spruce should not be carried out more often than once every twelve months;
- If the plant is sick, or has been exposed to insect pests, then immediate action must be taken.
Many gardeners spare no time, effort and money in caring for a beautiful dove. However, such sacrifices always pay off, and blue spruces of the Glauka Globoza variety will delight the eye for more than a dozen years.
Spruce Glauka Globoza: photo