Diktamnus (Yasnets, Inempted Bush).
Fraxinella. He's Diktamnus. And the popular name of Diktamnus - the burning bush, is a herbaceous perennial plant that requires special care, with special care. It is very important to keep in mind that the plant is toxic, can leave burn marks on the skin, and can also flare up in a matter of seconds. All this can affect the choice of a plant for garden, impose some restrictions. But, if you still start growing this plant, even at least one bush, then you will definitely be satisfied. You just need to be careful, in return you will get a beautiful flowering plant.
Description of the Yasenets variety.
One of the characteristics of the variety is the ability to create beautiful thickets. This is an upright, bushy perennial plant that can increase its strength from year to year. The plant has several more names, and each has been deservedly earned - wild star anise, burning bush, ash-tree. When the weather is very hot, you can bring a little fire to the plant, then you will notice how the plant flashes with lightning speed. And it can leave burns on the skin, similar to burns after a flame. Therefore, speaking of the burning bush, many associate the plant with a biblical legend. And speaking of the fact that dictamnus can quickly ignite, it can be assumed that under the direct strong rays of the sun, spontaneous combustion of the plant is possible. but there is no need to be afraid that a plant by spontaneously igniting can harm someone or something: how quickly a plant ignites spontaneously, it will also quickly go out by itself.
- Fraxinella. Belongs to a small genus of decorative Eurasian perennial. It differs in rhizome, large in size, grows straight, the height can reach up to 1 m. It looks good during flowering, but just green foliage also looks very attractive. Previously, the plant included 6 varieties. But due to the strong similarity with each other, scientists decided to combine some forms into one species, namely, white dictamnus. Such plants, which used to be named: Caucasian, bushy, holostolic, narrow-leaved, today are no longer considered as plant forms. all of these names are synonymous with white dictamnus.
- Dittany. It is the most popular variety, and according to scientists, the only one. This is a spectacular tall perennial plant, the height of which during the flowering period can reach up to 1 m. It despairs with a branched and powerful rhizome and straight shoots that have a dense edge. Looks harmoniously with whole, basal, odd-pinnate stem, sessile foliage on long stalks. The greenery is similar to ash, there is a formation of lush clumps, dense, with a cold-gray color. Ash trees planted in flower beds look very beautiful and fresh in the middle of summer, creating the feeling that the plant has just been watered. The presence of jagged edges, glandular edges, dense foliage texture, as if they were specially created by mother nature to show all the beauty of flowering. the diameter of the flowers can be up to 2.5 cm, they have 6 pointed petals of a white or pinkish hue, graceful stamens are sometimes yellow-light green in color. The cluster inflorescences are up to 20 cm long, have a lacy structure, are not thick, are distinguished by their elegance and large size. The flowers can be clearly viewed, can be perceived as massive, inside the petals you can see veins that are more characteristic of foliage.The color is complex, most often contrasting veins, and the large stamens complement the grace for an asymmetrical flower. It is also important to note the fact that the plant has an amazing aroma - fragrant, which can be felt from a great distance during the flowering period. But, the smell of the plant - dry orange peel, may not be to everyone's liking. It's all a matter of taste. After the end of flowering, you can observe the formation of bolls, which hide the seeds of a black shiny shade. White ash has separate garden forms - pink and dark red. There are not so many flowers in the plant, but they are not so boring. The ash-tree has flowers of white or pink color, and pink has an interesting combination. Against the background of light-colored petals, you can see veins of a dark pink hue, which adds graphics and watercolors to the plant. Often in stores you can find a separate plant, which is called the Caucasian ash-tree - a small pink-colored and elegant variety of dictamnus. Dictamnus blooms in June-July, lasts for 1.5 months, differs in duration and showiness.
Characteristic features of the Yasenets variety.
The plant is distinguished by its aggressiveness. As we said earlier, the plant is toxic and can leave burns and wounds on the skin. It is also important to keep in mind that you will not immediately feel the effect of the toxin on the body. Carrying out any actions with the plant, you must follow all precautions, protecting all open areas of your body. You should also not bend over to face the plant, you do not need to smell it, you can get burns of the mucous membrane of the nose and eyes. Many are afraid to come close to the plant, but there is no need to be afraid of it, you can get a burn only by coming close to the plant in very hot weather, and many also believe that it will take a long time to heal the wounds and burns received, but unfortunately, they are irreversible. Therefore, you just need to be careful when growing this plant. in addition to the fact that the plant has a long flowering period, it can itself grow for a long time without transplanting (several decades). If you provide a large area for growth, it can be planted and forgotten. For decorative purposes, ash is used:
- As a visual peak - the highest accent on the flower bed and flower garden.
- As a background crop on a flower garden and to fill the middle plan of double-sided beds.
- As a single shrub for decorating flat flower beds and as small groups as a tall flower decoration of a textured flower garden.
- As a catchy plant (country style).
- In a romantic ensemble with a focus on the originality of the flowering and the palette in pink shades.
- In a landscape group and an array.
- In order to design rockeries and rock gardens.
- In a mixborder with a flowering relay.
On a flower garden and in a decorative composition, the plant should be placed further from the paths so that they are not in the contact zone. You should be very careful when planting ash trees in a mixborder or next to recreation areas, despite the aroma, beauty, the plant has strong toxicity in order to carelessly place. As a plant partner, it is better to use heuchera, monarda, kermek, daylilies, liatrices, gypsophila.
We are engaged in plant cultivation.
Growing a plant is distinguished by its main feature - it can be grown anywhere, the plant is not whimsical to the site. Can be grown in full sun, on the southern side of the rock garden and rockery, and in a partial shade place. But you need to avoid partial shade, this can negatively affect the flowering of the plant, light partial shade will not affect the plant in any way. In order for the plant to fully show all its qualities and beauty, it is best to grow the plant in alkaline or slightly calcareous soil. even in neutral soil, the plant will be weak.You should also pay attention to other characteristics that shake the quality of the soil: the plant is not bad for sand and gravel, for light and rocky soils, loose and loose. Well suited for placement in a rocky garden. Does not impose special requirements on the nutritional state of the soil, however, it is better if the soil is at least moderately fertile. Should not be planted on wet or waterlogged soils.
We are engaged in planting Diktamnus.
to plant a plant, you need to choose a cloudy day, not hot. Early spring or September is good. Seedlings tolerate transplants well, but still it is best to use a favorable period for transplanting. In hot and summer weather, the delenki die, therefore, it is not allowed to choose the summer period for planting. As we said earlier, the plant is characterized by rapid and wide growth, so it is best that there are no neighboring plants in the neighborhood. It is necessary to maintain a distance of at least 50 cm. It is best to plant the plant in a simple planting hole, while maintaining the original depth of the deepening. After planting the plant, it will need to be thoroughly watered and a series of systemic procedures performed before the first signs of plant growth appear, but make sure that the soil is not too wet.
We take care of the plant.
In fact, the plant is very easy to care for. the plant has good drought tolerance, due to which, it will not be difficult to take care of the plant. It is necessary to water the plant during the flowering period, when the weather is excessively dry, when there is a real danger of stopping the flowering process. the plant does not really need fertilizers, you just need to try to maintain the nutritional value of the soil and its alkaline characteristics. To do this, it will be necessary to apply alkalizing universal fertilizers once a year, it is best to choose early spring for this (if the soil is of good quality, then from 3 years of age, if depleted - from 2). otherwise, caring for the plant does not require much effort - weeding weeds and from time to time loosen the soil after heavy rainfall. If the plant grows in a group, in a rock garden, in a landscape group, a large array, rockery, then the plant does not need special care. if you grow a plant in a flower bed or flower garden, then you can simplify the care by using the mulching procedure. The plant will then need to be pruned, but the pruning time depends on your desire. If you want dry shoots to decorate your site in winter under a snow cover, then pruning should be left in the spring. If you want to make your work easier in the spring, when there will already be a lot of garden work, then it is best to prune in the autumn.
- Getting ready for the winter period. The plant has good frost resistance. The plant is not afraid of winter temperature drops, so there is no need to carry out any preparatory actions before the winter period.
- Diseases and insect pests. The plant is practically not exposed to diseases and attacks of insect pests. improper planting can cause harm to the plant.
it is very easy to propagate the plant. You can become the owner of new crops every year.
- Seed method. Seeds are best used freshly harvested. In order not to miss the moment when the seeds begin to crumble, you need to monitor the state of the plant in August, because the plant can crack in a couple of days. It is best to plant the seeds outdoors after harvesting them. you can plant it before winter or in the middle of the spring months, but you need to be prepared for the fact that only a part can germinate, the rest will germinate in a year. The plant is planted in a seedbed, not on a permanent site.The seedlings that appear in the spring will need to dive, for this you need to keep the distance between the plants at 10-15 cm. Continue growing, rarely watering the plant, for 2-3 years. The flowering of the plant will begin only 3-4 years after planting, so you should not rush to transplant the plant to a permanent place.
- Division of the bush. The most important thing for dividing a bush is to choose the right time. The weather should not be sunny and hot, otherwise you will simply lose part of the plant. When dividing a plant, you need to follow all safety measures to protect your body, and also choose the right time - early spring until the end of May or autumn (only September). if you want the delenki to take root, they should be large. After planting, the plant will need abundant watering.
- Cutting method. In a plant, easy rooting is characteristic of non-lignified, young shoots, only if they are processed with a growth accelerator after cutting them. Rooting cuttings can be done in a box, pot, soil, or greenhouse.